Clean 620s!

dsigh

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a 620 KC, or at least somewhat based off of it... the grille, the lights, the hood, the curve of the front fenders... It just looks like someone majorly took a grinder and fiberglass or sheet metal to it... Nice bodywork, but I'm not too keen on some of the details...

Bleach: I once knew a guy that drove his gf's 350Z and blew a tire out... he went to get it replaced and said it cost some stupid amount like $400 for one tire... is that true?

Bridgestone Potenza tires are $230 each.

One wheel from Nissan would probably run you $400+

I got all my tires used. Paid about $180 for all four.

Well it wasn't the wheel, so it must've been just a pricey tire... But, with taxes and this "exchange rate" crap it could be around $300 for just a tire...

I blew out a tire on my Explorer once, when I drove over a lady's bumper (long story)... I looked at getting new tires, but they were some $150 per tire, not to mention installation and all... plus, I'd have to replace the other front tire as well (so they'd match in wear), and my back tires sucked so if I did the fronts it'd be stupid not to do the rears... so I may as well have gone with a better tire (I had passenger tires rather than LT's)...

I ended up getting a used tire from a shop for $50 installed... Essentially the identical tire to my old one... it even had right about the same amount of wear (still about 90% of the tread left).

In the very first link on that site there is a 2dr Wagon that has a 521 style grill on the front of it. What is this? Never seen one before.

Also in another link on that site, there is a 620 with a VG30 in it. But they used the 91 maxima style intake and cut the hell ot of the firewall. And who know what they did for exhaust around the torsion bars.

Jason

NewPicture014.jpg

Looks like a 620 KC, or at least somewhat based off of it... the grille, the lights, the hood, the curve of the front fenders... It just looks like someone majorly took a grinder and fiberglass or sheet metal to it... Nice bodywork, but I'm not too keen on some of the details...

It has wing windows so might be a 521 door, def a 620 hood. The box flairs are an abortion.

It has wing windows so might be a 521 door, def a 620 hood. The box flairs are an abortion.

Abomination? I didn't notice the wing windows, but you're probably right about the doors... I think the whole truck just doesn't really know what it is... :blink:

Kool pics Bleach. Ive had that site saved for years & reference it alot to see how they are being customized over there...

final009.jpg

final023.jpg

not sure what model/make this is but i like...i see the 620 'bullet" body line in the back door...

phjfile38.jpg

I also see alot of american trucks popping up in thier shows, like full size Chevy & El caminos. They're probably as sought after as we are of RHD trucks over here.

I'd love to have a truck that low... the only thing I have to watch for is that the law here states that no part of the body or chassis is allowed to extend lower than the lowest point of any wheel... It's so that if you have a blow-out while driving you can still somewhat steer, rather than becoming a large steel sled...

I'd love to have a truck that low... the only thing I have to watch for is that the law here states that no part of the body or chassis is allowed to extend lower than the lowest point of any wheel... It's so that if you have a blow-out while driving you can still somewhat steer, rather than becoming a large steel sled...

Thats what airride is for.

IIRC, hydraulic suspension is illegal here, or at least for street use. Not sure about air bags... but, I think even with air bags, you might not be permitted to have the vehicle extended past the rims at the lowest setting... Just to prevent you from purposely dropping the ride on the road, or in case something fails in the suspension... But, I don't really know, I'll have to call the insurance folk and ask...

OK, I am a 521 man through and through. I would take a 521 over a 620 anyday. BUT BUT BUT, a laid out 620 unibody is the fck'n best looking truck ever made. Why oh why didn't they come here!

And I think it is interesting how few 320's I am seeing over there.