Clean 620s!

dsigh

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the July issue of Mini Truckin' arrived today and the black/green "unibody" 620 is in it. Once again....What a cool truck!!

No doubt! Also caught a glimpse of this familiar Ratsun Masterpiece! Just a show snap in tha mag, but so cool! Congrats!

pugz-02.jpg

^^^^Those are SU's, they cam stock on some datsuns, I don't really know what ones, maybe 200bs and such, and they pull the air from the sideways direction instead of down so I guess they are technically call sidedraft carbys.

Looks like the front suspension of something with rack and pinion steering???:confused:

Hey Downshifter, those are tailgate "skins". Years ago they were sold by Sir Michael's Louvering. A few guys on here have contacted Michael (Burley) to see if He would once again add them to His catalog. He has ads in almost every magazine. By the way, He still has His first truck.... a 320, so He is technically still a minitrucker. Anyway, I couldn't get a skin for My trailer project so I took one of My louvered rear rollpans and had My welder Guru, Rich, do basically the same thing You see there. It turned out very good.

OK, OK, due to popular demand................. More photos!!!! It is My pleasure to share them. That, actually is why I am buying all these magazines. To share.

620unibodyjapan5.jpg

Thanks a ton for posting that. I saw that just before I was planning to take my seat to be reupholstered. I think it's going to look pretty good now... :D

so the tailgates are just for looks right? no MPG gain or anything right?

no, i know there are no gains, but i wasn't sure if they knew it then or not. maybe thats what the WERE for, but they just didnt do it.... i was young back then, not really into this stuff, lol.

As for the custom stuff, in Japan they all make that stuff themselves. Its hand made with sheetmetal and a welder.

Steroid does sell a bolt-in center piece for the roll pan. If you want it perfectly smooth then make one yourself. The bottom of the white truck's bed has been modified all around.