No start.

Skib

does a 510 have a relay???????????

on a stock system its just the key switch which passes power to the selinoild.

Now best you get good cable not the the ones with those cheezzy clamp ends. Get the molded ends NEW ONES!!!!!!

when you did that STARTER TEST those should Bang out and turn fast. one looked pretty limp dick to me. But I cant believe you have 3 starters unless you got these all FREE from soembody clearing out these place.

Now Im not sure if this matters but maybe load ck your battery as a last resort.

My yellow car has a low volatge proplem and I need to wire a HOT START RELAY. you can use a blk box like for the lights or a Ford relay so it gets the full 12volts so it really pushes the pinion in to short the starter motor.

I cant post photos any more but you give me your email I can send or soembosy has it already saved and can post the drawing of how to do it. Its EZ.

But first get good grounds and cables. swap starter. if not then add the HOT START RELAY

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was having a just click when starting issue the other day....i was sitting there with hood up when i noticed smoke coming from the batt..turns out the ground wire on batt was bad and had to replace it

ether that or you pop riveted something you shouldnt have :rolleyes: :lol:

does a 510 have a relay???????????

on a stock system its just the key switch which passes power to the selinoild.

Now best you get good cable not the the ones with those cheezzy clamp ends. Get the molded ends NEW ONES!!!!!!

the only things not stock are the IR alt from a 280zx, weber carb, and Datto510 set the headlights up on relays.

will do :P Ill grab some new cables regardless

But I cant believe you have 3 starters unless you got these all FREE from soembody clearing out these place.

Iv payed for all of them at one point or another :rofl: Iv got all kinds of datto shit

Get it figured yet?

yup :D just got it.

I trimmed down my battery cables and sanded all the connections clean just to double check everything. Well my ground cable is really really long so I cut it in half so it was the right size while I was at it and found corrosion under the insulation about 3 inches down :(

:rofl: Ill be off to get some better cables soon to avoid doing this again :P

Thanks for all the help guys :thumbup:

Guest kamakazi620

yup :D just got it.

I trimmed down my battery cables and sanded all the connections clean just to double check everything. Well my ground cable is really really long so I cut it in half so it was the right size while I was at it and found corrosion under the insulation about 3 inches down :(

:rofl: Ill be off to get some better cables soon to avoid doing this again :P

Thanks for all the help guys :thumbup:

Yer Welcome Boner!!!!!!

Skib, I've done that before and if the battery is charged and the cables good the starter will almost flip over from the torque. The solenoid will hammer out hard and the star gear will spin like crazy. Sounds like a router. As stated, they can't all be bad and be turning that slow. (the bottom one is a gear reduction starter, but still it should turn faster than that)

Skib, I've done that before and if the battery is charged and the cables good the starter will almost flip over from the torque. The solenoid will hammer out hard and the star gear will spin like crazy. Sounds like a router. As stated, they can't all be bad and be turning that slow. (the bottom one is a gear reduction starter, but still it should turn faster than that)

Ya I put the original starter back on Mike and it started right up :D

Iv never used that gear reduction off the car so IDK if thats normal or not, It worked perfectly when it was on the Z and has been stored in a dry place since then :huh:

Just a recommendation for battery cables. Go to a welding supply store and buy some welder ground cables. Much higher quality than the cables that you get from the auto parts store, and a lot more flexible as well.

Good to hear you got it running though.