No start.

Skib

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've shorted it to the battery and it doesn't crank, it's your starter pal. I'm sure someone around here can bring you a spare. If I were closer I'd bring one to you right now.

I was afraid of that :(

the Z car ones fairly new so thats whats buggin me, and I ran it on my L28et before so its not a bad reman.

pm sent.

Can someone explain the sizzling ? I Don't understand this ?

The sizzling is the sound of wiring/connections getting hot and burning. The larger resistance(ohms) incurred by the faulty part creates a blockage, so the energy(amperage) is backed up and has no way to complete it's course smoothly/quickly. The energy gets trapped in the wires, and has to go somewhere. In this case, becomes heat, and eventually crispy wiring.

The sizzling is the sound of wiring/connections getting hot and burning. The large resistance incurred by the faulty part creates a higher demand for amperage throughout the circuit. The higher the resistance(ohms), the higher the voltage(V) needed to push the larger amperage(A) draw. If resistance goes up, everything else goes up too.

Thanks for clearing that up Micro , I am horrible with electrical stuff , but I am learning slowly and steady :lol: ;). I guess I did understand the higher resistance , but apparently I was thinking to hard :lol:

This is me

Electric%20Shock.png

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/102-hot-start-relay/page__p__1352__hl__relay%20starter__fromsearch__1entry1352

Have you done the hot start relay yet? I chased and cleaned every damn wire in the ignition system in my goon and tried a few different starters... put the relay in and it started first "turn" of the toggle switch and push button :blink: Good luck man, I fucking hate electrical crap.

...oh yeah, check your grounds too... terminal to block as well as body grounds, do you have a good ground from the block to the chassis and/or from the neg battery terminal to the body?

Yeah, it's kinda rusty for me. It was my strong point in school, but I haven't used Ohm's Law in textbook form in a while(as you can see in my editing of my previous post).

Using it in every day application is the same, only it sounds a little different. :blink:

Are you touching one post or both, Skib? You need to make contact with the 2 posts in order for the drive to both engage AND spin.

There is the post that your Positive battery cable hooks to, and also the post that actuates the starter solenoid. Hook up the negative cable to the body of the starter like you have, and hook up the positive cable to where the Positive battery cable would hook up. Next, take a screwdriver or jumper wire, and bridge the terminal that's hooked up the Batt +, and the starter solenoid terminal(should be a spade connection). The drive should both engage(pop out) AND spin.

On the L16 starter test, I may have been mistaken, but it looks like you only touched the starter solenoid spade connecter, and not the Batt+ terminal as well. Like I said, I may have seen that wrong.

oh. Have you tried to cross jump your starter?

have you?

Are you touching one post or both, Skib? You need to make contact with the 2 posts in order for the drive to both engage AND spin.

There is the post that your Positive battery cable hooks to, and also the post that actuates the starter solenoid. Hook up the negative cable to the body of the starter like you have, and hook up the positive cable to where the Positive battery cable would hook up. Next, take a screwdriver or jumper wire, and bridge the terminal that's hooked up the Batt +, and the starter solenoid terminal(should be a spade connection). The drive should both engage(pop out) AND spin.

On the L16 starter test, I may have been mistaken, but it looks like you only touched the starter solenoid spade connecter, and not the Batt+ terminal as well. Like I said, I may have seen that wrong.

+1

If its really bugging you still, go put your starter back in, turn the key to the "on" position and use a jump wire from the battery to the spade terminal. It ought to start. ...Is your ignition switch bad?

I dont think it is....

could it be an ignition relay issue?

tomorrow Ill be checking all the grounds and the battery cables