My 510 wagon was totaled what do I do?

So my 510 ka24de wagon was totaled by the insurance company(not my fault). My insurance company is handling the claim. The called me yesterday and told me the assessed value of my car is worth 1800 bucks, I just paid twice that for it 2 months ago when I bought it killer deal cwagon used to belong to a guy named TJ. I have never really messed with fighting with insurance but as you can imagine I told them they better get someone else who actually knows what the hell they are doing to look at my car. Any suggestions on what I should do so I dont get dicked for my car..... Ps I will be buying it back even though it is absolute toast.(I was rearend by a guy at 30mph)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit late now but you should have lots of pictures to document what was done to modify it. Receipts for parts and labor.

Just like house appraising: find other similar cars with the same motor and options and get a copy of their appraised value.

Don't take it up the ass. Be pro-active and hit them hard. Don't accept their offers till you get what is fair

Copy ads off cl of wagons withh similar mods to show what they sell for

This is your best choice. My 2dr. 510 got rearend last year and it was a totaled as well. I had the liability insurance(basic) on that car and my insurance told me that they couldn't help me for that reason(B.S.!) So i personally contacted the stupid teenage kid in his mustang's insurance provider and luckily got a very fair price with the option of keeping my sandwiched car. He had state farm insurance and they treated me nice and all, i was constantly calling them to see the status of my claim and they told me they had an "experience estimator" he compared it to cars in c.l. and it worked out for me ending up getting an extra 30-40% of the original price that i had bought it plus i kept my car. I'll just say put effort on this claim, talk directly with the insurance provider of the other person. If you sleep on it they'll fuck you over and they'll try to make it a long process as well. Just try your best, fight for what's right and don't settle on some shitty donation money. Good luck to you man.

My 510 got dented while it was parked, two weeks after the green paint job....

Luckily the guy left a note,,,, but Gieco assesed the damage at $800, and was trying to tell me my car was not worth that much, and they tried to give me a salvage title......... I yelled at them.... :angry:

They took some pics and called me back two days later saying the car was worth $3500...... :lol:

Do NOT sign anything...... until you get a fair price

• Like 1

what to do

"throw it in the gutter and go buy another" lol

DONT SETTLE ON SHIT!!

stick to your gun.. they wana get the lowest price they can you need to do what every one else said document evertying... print out threads from here of what it takes to put that motor in... the cost everything.. you maybe will get fucked if you did not have pics on file with them but still.. if you fight till the end they wana settle the fastest.. and CHEAPEST!!! trust me and these guys who have delt with these who-has befor.. they will try and poke you but tell them no!!! i want 7k for it and i wana buy it back for 500 lol it can happen it you got liek gieco or AAA.. if you have a fly by night insurance company you maybe at a loss...

then part your motor swap into you new dime or buy a swaped dime and part out you dime for mad cash... its a option

Don't let them cheat you on the value of your dime. Back When I had my 2dr it had a fire and i had FULL coverage on it. So i thought i would turn it in. Well the claim guy came out looked at it took some pics and said he would call me later,so a few hours later he calls and says it is a total lost and they would pay me 275 for my car and i could keep it if i wanted to. I told him to get bent and do some more research on the value of my 510.A few days pass and they called me back and told me to go have it fixed because it would be cheaper for them, than to cash me out the value of my 510. I asked him what the value came back as and he told me 2500 so don't let them cheat you !!!!!

thanks for the tip guys! If any of you could maybe post up your dimes for around 5000 on cl it would help me out :) I need to get s many car examples as I can. I really hope I dont get fucked in the ass on this deal. I love datsuns, and I only had my ka swapped wagon for a month, I just wish I could get her back......

That's gotta suck. Like everyone is telling you keep calling them and will give you a fair price. It might take a while to get what you want.

I saved all my receipts when I did my wagon. First time I ever did it with a car. I was really pissed when I added them all up. I was like how did I spend that much $$$$.

But now I'm glad I did. :)

Oh Man I hate insurance CO. Geico can suck it. They are still trying to low ball me. They found two cars one in new york and one in cali that where around 2000 bucks. Even though there are tons of 510's right here in seattle for sale for double that amount. I checked with the other 2 owners of the cars they originally used in my quote and found out they both listed there 510's on CL. Geico can suck my cock.

Oh Man I hate insurance CO. Geico can suck it. They are still trying to low ball me. They found two cars one in new york and one in cali that where around 2000 bucks. Even though there are tons of 510's right here in seattle for sale for double that amount. I checked with the other 2 owners of the cars they originally used in my quote and found out they both listed there 510's on CL. Geico can suck my cock.

I don't see you getting over 4. My guess 3-3.5. I got 3.8 my buddy got 4.5. He got a lucky break and got a local to appraise his car. I was looking at classic nada yesterday and it lists a prime 2 door for 5k. It doesn't matter if it has a swap to them. What matters is the overall shape of the car. I think is total bullshit the car is fucking totaled. They come ding you on paint chips and missing trim. 2 is a great start. Plenty of usable parts you can salvage of the old car. 2 will buy you a good wagon.

when i titled mine the washington dmv used a old car price guide magazine and the poor shape 71 2dr was 2999........the good shape was 7500...and in the best was 10000....so that what im using.....so if they tax ya on it you should be able to get that....i even gave my insurance a copy of it when i insured it....

any way good luck....dont settle for pennys get what its worth

Just check ed on my car a average price is 3900 through nada, I printed a shit tone of stuff off cl and another "head" adjuster is looking at it over the weekend, got my fingies crossed they at least give me 3900 for it. Oh it is totaled good. the frame is so bent I can put my hand in the rear pass. door without opening it. But it wont open anyway:( I will be buying it back if anyone needs wagon parts those bastards cant have em!!!