• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' date='27 April 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1272417101' post='296807']

Can't wait to see how the dash turns out. :cool:

Like your choice in datto :D

Thank you sir!

I'll have more updates when I get back to the car in a short bit twofinger_salute.gif

When are you going to lower it!!! lol

The dash looks good, I wish I was brave enough to even take my current dash out... lol

I was waiting for someone to ask. It's on my to do list. One of these day's I need to get around to finding another job that pays better money, because minimum wage isn't enough for a Datsun. lol I'll end up cutting the springs one of these days.

As far as the dash, it's not hard to find the courage to rip it out when someone has already started the project before you had the car. lol

the the music in he backround a man of good taste :D

Can't beat that good ole' Disturbed twofinger_salute.gif

So I said fuck the Datsun today and got to work on the motorcycle project again. Fuel was stale and nasty. poop.gif Took forever to get it to run at all. Only runny on one cyl most of the time. You can see the Sunny behind it. lol

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

The old honda cb's are awesome. The 175's are super fun. They are more fun than the 360's or 750's...I have some parts for that rx7 dash if need some... I even have a whole center section along with the center console in good shape... I was going to toss it... love the 310. Looks like an awesome project.

The old honda cb's are awesome. The 175's are super fun. They are more fun than the 360's or 750's...I have some parts for that rx7 dash if need some... I even have a whole center section along with the center console in good shape... I was going to toss it... love the 310. Looks like an awesome project.

Yeah man, the 175's are cool little bikes no doubt. Just hard to find good parts for. What color is the center console you have that you wanna get rid of?

Started doing paint today! Picked up a quart for $8 of Rust Oleum safety red. I originally was going to just test it and decide if I liked it, however now I've fallen in love with the color and I'm doing the whole car.

Heres some crappy pics. More in the coming days,

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

PICT0044-1.jpg

PICT0051-1.jpg

Also, started polishing the valve cover.

PICT0049.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47

I decided I liked the color, so I went to work with the rest of the car! Hope you like it as much as I do.

We also decided that we wanted it in the sun to help dry the paint. Didn't want to bother trying to get it to run (Choke doesn't work) so we pulled it Ratsun style :D

PICT0052.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

PICT0055.jpg

Is the duct tape holding your wheel on? lol

the color looks freaking awesome in the sun, can't wait to see the whole thing!

OH MY GOD I didn't even look at that until now. haha No, its covering the bearing while I search for new dust caps. Don't want shit getting in the bearing.

Looking good Matt! Want to spray my new z car next!! Is that the paint peaple roll-on? are you mixing it with mineral spirits? For $8 i want to it also.

Perhaps :) It's cut with 15% acetone to thin it an spray with a gun. We could probably do something with your Z. Let me know when you aren't busy and we can take a look! Also, it generally is used for roll on applications, however it states on the can that it's for metal too and the back says it can be sprayed if cut with 15% acetone

Edited by metalmonkey47

A few more pics of the paint, just to show you what I'm working with.

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

ALSO got my Weber 32/36 DGAV today and started cleaning it. :) I started polishing it, to get a better finish.

Got it for $100 from another guy on here ;) Forgot his name, but I'll get it up here. THANKS man!!

As soon as I get an adapter, I'll have my car up at daily driver status. Only reason it's not now is because the choke is fucked.

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

Perhaps :) It's cut with 15% acetone to thin it an spray with a gun.

I have sprayed black rustoleum mixed with %10 paint thinner,,,, any more and it goes on like water...

I would get a nice layer of the red down,,,, then wait a month, and wet sand it with ~4-600 grit....... then spray very thin coats,,, once every 15 mins.......... and then maybe spray clear over that

digging the car, man! rustoleum looks better than expected! how much paint did it use?

Not even half a quart. A little bit goes a longggg way. And that's with 2 coats across the whole thing.

I have sprayed black rustoleum mixed with %10 paint thinner,,,, any more and it goes on like water...

I would get a nice layer of the red down,,,, then wait a month, and wet sand it with ~4-600 grit....... then spray very thin coats,,, once every 15 mins.......... and then maybe spray clear over that

Well, it's been a few days now. The paints sat a bit. The coat is pretty good other then the occasional nick and peel. Got the wet/dry paper sitting to the side and I'm going to go over it sometime this week. :) I'm not going cheap on the clear coat. I'm going to use the DupliColor clear for $20 a quart.

I see some orange peel :rofl:

PICT0063.jpg

Itll look ok if you do what indy said, or just use some stuff and cut it

It's got some iffy spots like that. Its not bad though! I'm wet sanding the rest of the car in a few hours and I'm going to paint the other fender. Hopefully it all turns out better then this one.

SWEET!! Scored some caps from a 280Z for $20 off craigslist. Will look good on my Z rims. cool.gif

3n83k73m25V65O05Q1a5c5c4d793e25731db5.jpg

Also about 2 min away from a winning bid on a transformers badge for my car. About $1.34 with free shipping. twofinger_salute.gif

EDIT: FUCK some asshole just submitted a bid and I was 2 sec away from submitting mine before it ended! SHIT