Gloria, the ratty 210

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a sweet switch panel from the junkyard. I'll wire it up later in the week.

IMAG1266.jpg

CharlieBucket dropped by today and we did some work with his rims from the 69 yota. Putting some candy base with jet black over. Looks GREAT! Won't be cleared for a few days.

IMAG1263.jpg

Now THAT is how you paint a wheel! damn, why have i not thought of that!!!! I always spend agonizing amounts of time taping the tire... I feel like a dummy. Looks awesome!

That IS pretty cool, isn't it? I had never thought of that and probably never would, but it just worked so damn well that I could never forget it. Not something you would think of huh?

You have been busy since the last time we where over! Remeber i promised to help sand and masked!

It's just a little primer ;) I just wanted to go ahead and have it ready as soon as the temp drops outside.

I'm gonna finish mixing the new color and as soon as I'm ready to lay down the color I'll let you know :) Gonna try and get '70dime in too and we'll have a fucking ball of a day.

That is looking really good matt....

Have you started block sanding yet?........ Do you have a electric orbital sander . .. or a block sander?

I use a smooth 2x6 block with wet-sand paper....... and start with 120 in the rough spots and work up to 320....... then primer again....... then wet-sand with 400 and a block.... and shoot your color........ (you are really close)

Block sanding will make that fender look flat........ .. then fill the low spots....... .. then block sand...... . then primer......... then block sand with 220........... then 320........... then primer........... then 400..... .. then paint...... :lol:

got that?

No sanding done yet. Just sprayed it on and posted the pics a few min after unmasking it. Hadn't even finished unmasking actually... look at the handle. lol tongue.gif

I do have a few different sanders; block sander, electric and air powered orbital :)

I'm gonna start sanding tomorrow with 220 and jump straight to 800. The fender looks like SHIT. It's going to take forever to get the crappy bondo fixed. I'm going to hit that with 80 grit and rip it apart.

The car isn't completely primed yet. Just the front and the sides. Top is half done and back hasn't had almost any attention since I gottta pull the tails and mask the big ass rear window. dry.gif

Tomorrow it will be %100 primed and sanded maybe?

Just remove those stainless pipes. I stuck a quarter over the holes and put the nuts back on. Wasn't a perfect seal, but it worked.

But then again the pipes are nice for lifting the engine...

Do you think the orange rocker cover is stock, or someone painted it? My 1980 had a medium blue cover.

Hmmm a quarter? I would have never thought of that. Maybe some JB weld will seal okay around it.

The rocker cover was originally a blue-ish, but was in crap condition so I painted it a metallic silver, then stripped it and painted it the reddish orange that you see there. I'm going to strip it one last time and spray some metallic silver lacquer base with clear just to look a little different.

You think it would be possible to smooth the surface of the intake manifold enough to be able to polish it up really bright? I thought it seemed like a neat idea