Look what I found!!!!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I just got home from an 1800 mile vacation through California and Nevada. Man, I looked at a LOT of interstate signs!!! I was soooo tempted to acquire one but they are all still in place!! Anyway, the two digit signs, like 40, seem narrow from what I was seeing on the three digit signs, like 210. So I now know that I need a wider one like the 620 above.

I don't imagine any of You guys work at Caltrans or another State's divison of highways that could make up a 620 sign like above where I could somewhat get one legitimately???

It has been suggested by someone on here a sticker sign but where it would be displayed in My garage will be in the summer at least 140 degrees. I don't think a sticker can handle that.

So, I am going to try to get a real sign somehow. Yes, on My trip it appeared that the numbers on some signs were stuck on the blue area. I saw a few that were crooked, which leads Me to ask if any of you can make a "real" 620 sign.

Maybe Mark can post a photo I tool of My Carl's Junior vacation treasures!!! YES, I asked and was given them!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I purchased an official roadsign off of ebay and had it shipped for around $50.00. Next, I went to one of the local agencies and simply asked for a piece of reflective blue and some white. Enough to cover the "12" that was on the sign as purchased. Then cut out accurate sized "620" numbers from stencils that I traced and My sign is complete!! Oh yeah, the "agency" graciously GAVE Me the blue and white material!! Mark has the pictures from construction and finished that He will post later.