MPG's

alright, post up what you are driving, motor installed and your average fuel economy. the PO of my 620KC claims he got 19-20mpg out of this truck (i havent driven it enough to know what it gets yet) but i figured it got better than that. i am thinking about buying another 620 and putting a z motor in it for the FI and fuel mileage so i have a datto to drive to work in that is economical. let me know what you think

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

72 510

LZ20 -high compression :o

32/36

5 speed (unknown origin)

EI

Hard to tell for sure since the speedo doesn't currently work, but I calculated the milage to canby this year, and it worked out to roughly 27mpg :cool:

My KA hardbody 2wd usually gets 20-25, big tires and heavy foot hurt milage :D

620 kc

ka24e zx 5 speed

freeway best 29mpg

average work commute 27mpg mostly freeway though

I think if I had a new o2 and a higher geared rear end I could get 34mpg. If anyone wants to sell me a 79 rearend feel free to PM me :D

O I also used map quest to get these numbers since my speedo is off, so the numbers should be very accurate. I also let Holly drive it half way to the beach and it still got 29. She has a heavy right foot to I guess.

BC to Ontario and back two summers ago. 3,400 lb '78 KC, 4:11s and 12.5X33s, L20B with 300,000 plus Kms, Hitachi carb :D. Every fill up was over 21 MPG but could not quite get it to 25. With 4:11s and 33s it may have been going further than the odometer said. :lol:

thanks for the info guys. looks like a well tuned L20 carbed will do just as well as a Z motor. i have been in and out of my L20 motor enough now that i'm not scared to work on it at all! parts are cheap too! i guess i'm going to start scouring for another 620 for my "work truck". i might have to make a trip out west? LOL

BC to Ontario and back two summers ago. 3,400 lb '78 KC, 4:11s and 12.5X33s, L20B with 300,000 plus Kms, Hitachi carb :D. Every fill up was over 21 MPG but could not quite get it to 25. With 4:11s and 33s it may have been going further than the odometer said. :lol:

Doesn't count your in Canada...metric and standard don't mix :lol:

'76 King Cab

L18 (not original, of course)

Weber 32/36 DGEV (jetted for a 1400cc B210, no kidding)

Stock 4.375 rears, running 205/75R14 tires in back

'82 280ZX transmission (big overdrive)

32 MPG average, commute traffic (50 miles each way).

My '78 4X4 with a DFAV and truck 5-speed gets about 25MPG.

2eDeYe;27800']My 77 KC w/L20 got about 24mpg with a heavy right foot....

Funny' date=' my G35 gets about the same :D[/quote']

crap! According to the onboard computer, most of the time I'm averaging 19mpg in the Z :rolleyes:

Any highway driving and I get 26-29 on the highway.

Icehouse, what's the onboard computer in your Datsun say for your miles per gallon?! :D

2eDeYe;27857'']Doesn't count your in Canada...metric and standard don't mix :lol:

I converted to miles and Imperial gallons. When Canada had a Gallon it was equal to 1.2 US. A couple of provinces had a 10km stretch of highway marked in Kms. I set my odometer and found it was 8% out with the 33s on. 22 or 23 MPG sounds about right for that weight of vehicle. The first few trips I made (much lighter)the lowest I got was 25 , and averaged 27-28.:mellow:

I converted to miles and Imperial gallons. When Canada had a Gallon it was equal to 1.2 US. A couple of provinces had a 10km stretch of highway marked in Kms. I set my odometer and found it was 8% out with the 33s on. 22 or 23 MPG sounds about right for that weight of vehicle. The first few trips I made (much lighter)the lowest I got was 25 , and averaged 27-28.:mellow:

I was just playin Mike :D

crap! According to the onboard computer, most of the time I'm averaging 19mpg in the Z :rolleyes:

Any highway driving and I get 26-29 on the highway.

Icehouse, what's the onboard computer in your Datsun say for your miles per gallon?! :D

Your onboard gives you mileage? Interesting.....I've just been doing the math.

Most of my miles are on the freeway commuting, in-town might be a bit different.

'91 Ford Explorer 4x4

4.0 V6 four-speed automatic

3.75 final drive ratio w/ 235/75R15's

4500+ lbs including me and the usual stuff I carry in it

I use anywhere from 11.5 - 20.5 L/100 km... so 20.5 - 11.5 mpg...

Wierd... I just noticed that the two values are flips of each other... 11.5 L/100 km = 20.5 mpg; 20.5 L/100 km = 11.5 mpg...

I figure it out by resetting the trip odometer every time I fill the tank... I take the # of litres added, and divide it by the number of km travelled, then multiply by 100... I figure it gets me a pretty accurate number... The truck's way out of tune though, I think I've got valve tick, and this is between city and highway driving... I used to really lay into the throttle too, but I've mellowed out with driving a lot... averaging about 15-17 L/100 km...