v8n a roadster

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously search, the pic skib posted is the very 1st result in google pics lol. v8 has been done plenty, I6 not really for reason's I have argued ad nauseam. The is a l28 in a roadster pic floating around if you look.

edit: nvm on looking I guess, spoon it up lol.

cool im trying to figer out what to do with my 66 roadster ? sale it or make a monster or a summer runabout but i realy need to spend my time on my 620 and 510 goon

just throw an SR20det in and drive it. plenty of power, no major fab work.

Just see too many botched swaps end up on craigslist. If the Roadster runs fine with it's original style engine, I'd leave it alone. If it has no engine, of the engine is dead, then consider doing the swap. But a V8 would be the absolute LAST choice I would consider,.......no wait, I won't even consider a V8.....or an L6 for that matter. I would consider a KA24DE or SR20 though. In a car that's SOOOOO light to begin with, throwing a V8 or L6 under the hood is a horrible idea as far as handling goes.

chevy 383 call it done but you may seriously consider building a stronger frame for the bosy to sit on if you go that way

Have you seen a Roadster frame? You could probably drop a Peterbuilt in it with no problems. :lol: I am actually planning to build my next Roadster with a Q45 drivetrain. Now, it will be a tube frame car not because of any weakness in the frame, rather it's pretty narrow and the x member is a huge obsticle. And the stock front end parts are so freaking ridiculous :blink: . Not going to buy another set of stock ball joints, if you know what I mean.

Mark

i finish my swaps and i dont hack anything up i fab it to look clean and simple just need some info to help me make up my mind thanks

Get over to 311s.org and check out the work of Spriso in the "member's ride" section. Then you can decide whether you are a hack or not. :lol: I wouldn't want all the weight of a V8 hanging out there in front as the car is pretty balanced with a 4 banger for a mill.

Get over to 311s.org and check out the work of Spriso in the "member's ride" section. Then you can decide whether you are a hack or not. :lol: I wouldn't want all the weight of a V8 hanging out there in front as the car is pretty balanced with a 4 banger for a mill.

Aeromotive's light racing V6 aluminum block uses all Nissan standard internals and is good for 1000 Horse Power without the intake restrictors NASCAR insists on installing. Several have unofficially been imported into Japan for 300Z "upgrades". Bet it would not upset the center of gravity too much, can't say how many seconds the frame would last though.