Scale down your pictures before posting!

HRH

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol it says stormin norman on the top. awesome

Not sure if my pics are scaled down, i just upload to photobucket and post. Normally dont have the time or to lazy to see if they are scaled down. They fit my screen mostly tho and im only running a 1024x768 res on this old pc.

Old video cards can handle it. Old computers can handle it. The speed of your internet connection must be the problem. At 56k or even 120k sure it will be slow in drawing. But with hi-speed Internet no worries. I used 56k for years when Ratsun-ites were posting 1024x768 photos, and I had the patience to deal with it.

I say let 'em post links to huge pictures. The new format resizes the view down so it doesn't go off the page. GOTTA LOVE THIS FORUM UPDATE FEATURE! Thanks Thomas.

Old video cards can handle it. Old computers can handle it. The speed of your internet connection must be the problem. At 56k or even 120k sure it will be slow in drawing. But with hi-speed Internet no worries. I used 56k for years when Ratsun-ites were posting 1024x768 photos, and I had the patience to deal with it.

I say let 'em post links to huge pictures. The new format resizes the view down so it doesn't go off the page. GOTTA LOVE THIS FORUM UPDATE FEATURE! Thanks Thomas.

That is a pretty snazzy feature... I like it. Though I don't think i was even here for the old software. So, yeah...

Joe

Scale this down

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Quentin wrote himself into this story, I think to be able to act out a few fantasies. One of which is now mine.... drinking tequila from Selma's toes.

Well, I actually have a cable modem, so the Internet speed shouldn't be the problem. I did defrag c drive last night and that seemed to help a bit. Need to find my spyware cd and load that again. I took it off because of an annoying popup reminding me to update/buy the new version just about every time I started up the computer.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Well, I actually have a cable modem, so the Internet speed shouldn't be the problem. I did defrag c drive last night and that seemed to help a bit. Need to find my spyware cd and load that again. I took it off because of an annoying popup reminding me to update/buy the new version just about every time I started up the computer.

Test your internet speed here,

http://www.speedtest.net/

Whoops, typed the first of the ISP in there. :)

WTF, I'm on a cable modem and I'm getting 15.11 download and 2.41 upload? The server is located in Liberty Lake which is like 15 miles away. Bunch of crap!

Guest DatsuNoob

Sadly, I'm out of touch with my generation when it comes to being tech savvy. I'm a pretty low tech kinda dude :lol:, I dunno how to resize my shits, so too bad if your computer sucks :fu:

Whoa!!! You'd be better off getting an iPhone should be able to surf faster. I know we all like old cars, fuck old computers though.

I'm a mac and I wanna see pics scaled up! My 30" monitor is hungry.

Sent from my iPhone.

Thats a dumb idea. The absolute minimum monthly plan for an iphone is $70/month. Unlimited everything is around $130/month.

For someone that doesn't have the money to upgrade their computer... $200 for the phone, $130 first month, with activation fees, Hell the initial outlay is enough for a netbook, if not a toshiba satellite laptop.

Not only that, but forum surfing on the iphone is suboptimal. The browser really isn't that great.

Ask me how I know these things...

Joe

you can still run the win 7 RC 7100, im sure you can find it on torrent somewhere, im still running it just because its so bug free. I have 2 new unopened win 7 ult 64 bit dvds that i havnt installed because i dont have issues with the RC.

I too have a butt ton of computer parts, too bad you didnt live closer, I probaby have enough sans a mobo/PS

2x140gb ide drives

1.5gb ddr2 pc5600 (i think)

9800 agp card

7800gtx pci card

intel p4 2.something gig cpu

about 3 mobos that needed RMA but ABit got outta the mobo business and my warrenties are up.

Think i have a wifi card laying around

acquire youself a copy of symantec endpoint protection (corporate editon)

download ccleaner (free)

that should take care of all your virus's/spyware (as long as your practice safe surfing)

windows defrag is decent, you could however acquire perfect disk, dont know what version they are on, works pretty good.

you could buy a cheap lga775 socket mobo, cpu, ram, vid card, etc for like 250 bucks and you would see a world of difference, hell you can get premade ones for that...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220028

dont expect to go play call of duty on that tho :P

I think I've decided what I'm going to do. Take the money I have towards a new computer and put it into debt and the 510 instead. Then I'll just keep bitching about people posting huge images! :D

Thats a dumb idea. The absolute minimum monthly plan for an iphone is $70/month. Unlimited everything is around $130/month.

For someone that doesn't have the money to upgrade their computer... $200 for the phone, $130 first month, with activation fees, Hell the initial outlay is enough for a netbook, if not a toshiba satellite laptop.

Not only that, but forum surfing on the iphone is suboptimal. The browser really isn't that great.

Joe

How do you know these things? Or NOT know wifi is free lol. I paid 100 for a 8gig 3g that I use for cam/ipod/wifi. Costs me 0 a month and if I feel like it or it's an emergency I can make free calls to just about anywhere on earth via voip. Pic browsing is just fine too.

Joe

you're wrong. Ask me how I know these things.

Ok I'll tell you.

You can get used iPhones on eBay jailbreak them and use on w/e network you want. And there is no bill to connect to wifi. Any 300 dollar Dell or homebrew pc can run this site though. That thing just looks like a computer for someone who really doesn't want a computer.

if someone is not terribly technically inclined, (read as someone that has an old ass computer) Then jailbreaking the phone may not be the best idea. Fry's sells pretty decent laptops for under $400.

I have one of the original aluminum case iphones. My woman has the 3g. Don't get me wrong, i love my phone. But it's expensive, and the speakers are pretty shitty. It's best to use the phone with a bluetooth setup or headphones.

But getting an iphone is not a good solution for someone that actually just needs to get a new machine, or at least buy a couple sticks of ram.

Hence, I am not wrong.

Joe

Thats a dumb idea.

Wrong, Iphone>that computer

The absolute minimum monthly plan for an iphone is $70/month.

Wrong, my friend pays $40 on verizon, unlimited min.

Unlimited everything is around $130/month.

Wrong, tacking unlimited data on that plan is $40, that's $80 not $120.

$200 for the phone, $130 first month, with activation fees, Hell the initial outlay is enough for a netbook, if not a toshiba satellite laptop.

Wrong, he paid $35 activation, thats $115 total. You can't even get a used garbage netbook for that.

The browser really isn't that great.

Wrong, it works better then fine for me. Apps are the key.

if someone is not terribly technically inclined, (read as someone that has an old ass computer) Then jailbreaking the phone may not be the best idea.

Wrong, blackra!n/snow is ONE click jail break/crack. Anyone that can't do that can't browse forums either.

But it's expensive

I paid $100 for the phone with a cracked digi, 15 for a digi from china. Took 15min to fix. I pay nothing a month. Seems pretty damn cheap to me.

Hence, I am not wrong.

Not wrong? lmao

I mean, my Swedish supermodel girlfriend probably picked up a virus while searching girl on girl action for us. :D

Damn! You have that problem, too? :lol:

And here is a picture of my awesome machine! I'm not kidding, it's really what I'm using to communicate. Maybe Sputnik has a spare computer they're not using. I should ask to borrow that!

computer.jpg

OMG! I haven't seen one of those cases in years. :blink:

So.. let's sum this up....

Buy a used iphone, of unknown quality, with no warranty or guarantee, with a battery that you cannot easily replace for yourself. Then Jailbreak the phone, then, on your phone that may or may not work well, you can get a plan for unlimited data and limited minutes for $80/ month from verizon. Now, if like most people, he already has a phone and a plan, and is still under contract, then you will either have to pay for two phones until you can cancel your plan, or pay an early termination fee. You get a two finger keyboard, you get a slow browser, you get something that is incapable of playing all media...

I stand corrected on some of my points, though you took them well out of the box and ignored much of what I said or took it out of context in order to correct me. My point still stands. A cheap, NEW, laptop is probably a much better option for someone that needs a NEW COMPUTER. Not a new phone. Can you run a decent version of photoshop? Can you hook your Iphone to a printer? When i said "that's a dumb idea", I may have ticked some people off. But just because your panties got twisted, doesn't mean that when speaking to the point of what HRH actually needs more, an iphone and 20 steps, or a cheap laptop to replace a broken down computer, that i am wrong.

Laptop, full functionality of actually having a computer.

Iphone, a fits in your pocket luxury that happens to be able to surf the web, slowly, and with limited access, minus an actual keyboard. Try typing reports up with your Iphone, Running excel with full functionality.

Again, I love my Iphone. But for surfing the internet, and everything else that a computer is better at, I use a computer.

Joe

My panties are twisted lol? I find your arguing of shit that has nothing to do with the convo funny actually. :lol: It was implied an Iphone was better for browsing then THAT computer and it is. Thats all there is to it, don't care about PS, printers, excel or w/e other bs your going on about,BROWSING. Idk why your stuck on this plan and contract stuff either, you keep bringing up. Wifi is free (AND fast Idk why you keep saying slow) no contract no fee, done. :fu:

So.. let's sum this up...

120ish dollars you get a mobile browser that will no doubt browse faster then that cinder block with a monitor plugged in (no offense hrh lol). That was the stated point and it is correct. The rest of this bullshit your rambling on about is INCONSEQUENTIAL to it. :poke: