F10 ??

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, the F10 was Nissan's generation FWD car (after the E10). It was model F10, which was marketed in most countries as the Cherry, but in USA with the true model name of F10. Both E10 and F10 are the Cherry family. The F10 was followed by the N10, marketed as Pulsar or 310 or cherry in some markets.

The 810 was the Bluebird family, two generations after the 510, 610, then 810, followed by 910 (Maxima).

Here's the resident F10 guru...

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=10481

I've owned both a Pacer and a Gremlin, so I dig the F10 too. I seriously considered buying a squareback that was for sale here this past summer...

I'm considered a guru? Wow, the dream of a lifetime! I believe Mikko1200 in Finland and myself may be the only Ratsuners with F10s at the moment, so there is plenty of room for more owners. I recently sent Mikko some shifter linkage parts he needs to get his running. He may get his going before I have mine on the road. I took my carb off for rebuilding, then got sidetracked working on my 510, and now cold weather has shut me down. But Spring will be here in a few months, and I'll be F10ing in style.

SICK620 - It might be fun to go to your Nissan dealer there in Boise and ask if they know of any F10s in the area, or if they remember selling any back in the '70s. Or put a Wanted ad on Craigslist. You might be surprised how many you find. You could be the F10 King of Boise.

Len

I bought a used 1977 F10 hatchback 5 speed in 1982 for $1500.00 from a coworker. It was puke green, and I think the engine was 1.6L. It got great gas mileage, handled very well, and was pretty quick, a good highway car. I was living in Alameda, CA at the time. I was driving it on a business trip when it left me stranded on the side of the freeway in San Diego, CA. I couldn't get it to shift into any gear anymore. I had it towed to Mossy Nissan and traded it in on a brand new 1983 Nissan Pulsar NX. I had named the F10 "Motochan, the only true Samurai Japanese Car". In Japan, the F10 was called the Cherry FII.

Dan

there was an F10 for sale on the seattle-tacoma craigslist not to long ago the posting is gone now. That was the first time i had ever even heard of one. It was covered in algie and had a pretty significant dent on the right rear pannel. Cool looking car though.

but, FWD= fail in my book, no fun there.

Yeah, the clutch is similar, if not the same, as the 310.

An old Girlfriend of mine had one and I had the pleasure of changing out the clutch once, I must admit, it was pretty easy. This was back in 1987 so the memory is a bit fussy now!

If I rember correctly the clutch can be pulled out by disconnecting the drive shaft(?) and then pullilng the clutch pack up through a cover on top of the trans.

Weird little car, but it was a hoot to drive!

No disrespect here,but I think the 310 was one of the worst cars

tha Nissan ever turned out - kind of like the Pontiac Aztek.

- Doug

pontiac aztek = :poop:

02.pontiac.aztek.f34.500.jpg

aztek sales during its production from 2001 - 2005

Calendar Year -----Total American sales

2001 --------------27,322

2002 --------------27,793

2003 --------------27,354

2004 --------------20,588

2005 --------------5,020

2006 --------------347

2007 --------------25

Edited by h2theizzo

I've owned both a Pacer and a Gremlin, so I dig the F10 too.

It has occurred to me the '77-'79 200SX and the F10 were the product of industrial espionage. Nissan had spies dumpster diving out behind the AMC design studio, and got a couple of designs even AMC threw away. Anyway, that's my theory.

As for the clutch change - Yes, I believe that is one of the major claims to greatness of the F10. You can change the clutch in 20 minutes or so without pulling engine or transaxle. I've read in the shop manual how to do it, but I suspect I'll never have to touch the clutch in mine.

As far as an F10 not shifting into gear, they have a hydraulic clutch, so that would be the prime suspect. Also, while getting the shifter parts for Mikko, I saw they have a shifter linkage with quite a few parts to wear, bend, fall off, whatever. Maybe no worse than other front-wheel drives.

All this F10 talk is getting me excited. It is supposed to warm up to above 30F here this week. I might be able to get my carb back on working a few minutes at a time.

Len

I have the oil pan on my 59. It was the only pan that cleared the new Mustang II front end my friend made. I did have to make a skid plate to protect it. The A10 remains might still be in the other friend's field from where I took the pan. I was supposed to go get all the Datsun parts from him, just haven't had time.

Yeah already had the A series but when we switched the suspension the regular front sump pan didn't fit, and a friend had a mid sump but to no avail. I was planning on making a rear sump from those 2 pans but found the aluminum one fit because on a rear wheel drive car the sump sits to the extreme front.

• 2 weeks later...