Pacific Coast Datsun's Birthday!!!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

happy bday.

i'm constantly surprised at how young we all are... i know there's a few older gentlemen around here, but i never would have guessed that a bunch of 20-somethings would be interested in vehicles that were made so long ago. maybe we're all just weirdos haha.

i'll be 22 in a few monts... i don't think it's weird to like them at all. even tho i like the rarity of these cars and that it's only a small group that is interested in them. but at the same time i wish more people were into them because it would result in a better aftermarket support. and i've never worried too much about something being less popular or different because even when i had a 92 civic, just like a million other young "tuners" mine didn't look like anybody elses, it might have been similar to some others on the outside, but i made sure it had plenty or personal touches... like green astroturf in the trunk :D

Indeed a happy B-day! I myself will hit 36 next month.

I am kinda glad I got into the hobby later in life. Gave me time to establish a bit of a career, which funds the hobby. And I am not loaded, but Datsuns are a prety affordable as car hobbies go.

But if I had been as obsessed with Datsuns in my 20's as I am right now, I never would have had the time to get a career going. However if I don't keep this obsession in check, I just might lose the career I've gained!:eek: "Sorry I missed that deadline, but I was wrenching on my 521!"

Indeed a happy B-day! I myself will hit 36 next month.

I am kinda glad I got into the hobby later in life. Gave me time to establish a bit of a career, which funds the hobby. And I am not loaded, but Datsuns are a prety affordable as car hobbies go.

But if I had been as obsessed with Datsuns in my 20's as I am right now, I never would have had the time to get a career going. However if I don't keep this obsession in check, I just might lose the career I've gained!:eek: "Sorry I missed that deadline, but I was wrenching on my 521!"

I had a 68 510, a new 76 B210 and a '72 521, all in the mid '70s and into the '80s. It was a struggle to keep them on the road as DDs. It was a good thing they were easy to fix.

FF into the '90s and now I have the time, place and some money to indulge myself with these great vehicles that were such a big part of my life so long ago.