I wish i was alive in the 70's

cheg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well being 16 i dont have very man flashbacks but when i think back to when i was younger all i have to remember is playing super nintendo and nintendo 64 and playstation, there was no dirt lot to go race bikes and there werent any kids that were my age where i grew up =(

Me and a buddy of mine go back and forth. Even my girlfriend says I was born in the wrong era...

I dunno, though. If I had lived through the 70s, I probably wouldn't have NEARLY the same appreciation for the era that I do now. I idolize that decade, down to the glass mirror ball hangin' above my bed:thumbup:. I see all the romanticized parts of it; the cool music, the freedom, the rebellion, the awesome cars... I'm sure there were not-so-cool things about the 70s too, but I'll never want to see or hear about em. It's a nice fantasy that will never be ruined for me.

Chances are, when I grow up, Cheg, kids will be telling me how they were so screwed, and the 90s were the time to be grow up. Ha, hell, they're already doing that.. I must be getting old now... But you know what, they'll be right. It was an awesome decade to grow up in.

You're next, so make your memories, and get some stories to rub in and grossly exaggerate when those young whipper snappers come to you with the same complaint. Enjoy it, and find reasons to be happy that you're growing up when you are. These are the good ol' days.

I grew up during the 70's. I graduated from HS in 79. It was a fun time. I got a minibike in 73 and got into riding the trails every weekend. $1 was all I needed to have enough gas to ride all day on Saturday and buy lunch.

We used to hitch hike everywhere before I got my license. I started hitching rides at 10 years old. Sometimes, we would walk up to cars at a traffic light, knock on the window and ask for a ride. Got lots of rides that way. Even hitched 150 miles to the beach. We didn't have video games or cable or Blockbuster. Only like 6 channels on the TV. So there was no reason to stay in the house. Once I turned 10, Mom pretty much let me go where I wanted. Up to the mall to ride skateboards, over friends to play ball, I would take off in the morning and be gone all day. The rule was to be home when the street lights came on. People were friendlier back then. The world seemed safer too. We used to hang out at the park and by this great waterfall called Northwest Branch. We would go diving at this cool rock quarry too.

The Music was fantastic too. I went to lots of great concerts too. Several Led Zeppelin concerts, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Stones, and lots more.

The cars were the best. Lots of 60's cars could be bought for cheap. My first car was a 64 Chevelle. I got it for $200. Too bad I was a dumb kid and blew it up the first week I had it. Then I got a 77 B210. My first Datsun!

Boy were those good times. The 80's were pretty cool too.:eek:

Yeah i remember parts of the 70's and for sure the 80's. I remember being able to play outside on the street football and biking anywhere. No need to pay for TV and lots better cartoons. people seemed more creative with their hands versus using a computer. my first car was 73 240Z. lots of fun with that car.

i was checkin out some of the movies from the 70's and came upon this movie called "On any sunday"

I think that it would be awesome to live back in thos days even the banana bike seats are cool to me

here's a link to the movie

Love that movie, I used to watch that movie as a kid :D my dad raced moto-x back in the 70's

(Ill see if I can find some pics)

that was the first motorcycle video i watched as a kid

great movie with alot of great early racers in that video aswell!!!!

OMG when i was a kid my dad showed me all the awesome movies of when he grew up, american graffitti, hollywood knights.. anyways their was this movie he always told me about and we always looked for it and NEVER found it....

aloha bobby and rose is the movie i never seen anything about that movie till now WOW. anyways how can i find a full version of this movie to watch online like any givin sunday??

Edited by JDM510
O.K.-the SoCal thing was all to itself.

Nah, I think we all just remember it a little bit different.

I mean, I was only 9 when I saw Star Wars for the first time and I still remember my sister sneaking me in to see Saturday Night Fever, the R Rated version. :D

Our neighbor had a two door Toyota Corolla that he converted into a panel wagon and ran it on appliance wheels with Monkey Wards whitewalls. Our other neighbor bought a Pacer and was the talke of the neighborhood for quite some time. Everyone kept calling it the moon car! :lol:

Dad was sporting the Plymouth Duster and one of my uncles had a Hemi powered station wagon!

From a kids point of view, it was fun!

that was the first motorcycle video i watched as a kid

great movie with alot of great early racers in that video aswell!!!!

OMG when i was a kid my dad showed me all the awesome movies of when he grew up, american graffitti, hollywood knights.. anyways their was this movie he always told me about and we always looked for it and NEVER found it....

aloha bobby and rose is the movie i never seen anything about that movie till now WOW. anyways how can i find a full version of this movie to watch online like any givin sunday??

Hey i spent a pretty good amount of time lookin for you but the best i could do was this http://movie-megaupload.com/2009/09/05/aloha-bobby-and-rose-1975.html which you can try but i would run a scan on it before you download it.

Yeah i remember parts of the 70's and for sure the 80's. I remember being able to play outside on the street football and biking anywhere. No need to pay for TV and lots better cartoons.

I turned ten in 1979 and remember tricking-or-treating from 3pm to midnight alone all through the '70s and '80s with no problems. kids would often ride horses through town and nobody thought twice about it.

sometime about 1976 my mom was driving a '63 Impala, one of her sisters had a '63 Galaxie while another had a '65 Malibu wagon. right about that time our great aunt Loise bought a blue Vega wagon that just seemed so tiny. her husband, Richard, bought a new Datsun pick-up a year or two later that almost caused his brother Gene, a WW2 Pacific theatre vet, to quit speaking to him.

those times were good to learn a lot. My father had many cars and for a guy who came from China he really became very americanized. he loved chevy's and fords. i still have the blazer he bought when I was 6. he did everything on that car as those days they did not go to dealers to have cars fixed. they did it themselves or called it backyard mechanic. This was before the internet or computers in general.

those times were good to learn a lot. My father had many cars and for a guy who came from China he really became very americanized. he loved chevy's and fords. i still have the blazer he bought when I was 6. he did everything on that car as those days they did not go to dealers to have cars fixed. they did it themselves or called it backyard mechanic. This was before the internet or computers in general.

I first crawled under my Dad's Pontiac with him in 1966 when i was 7.He stayed a GM guy untill 72 when they pissed him off with quality and fuel mileage.He bought a B210,then my mother bought a 710 Wagon,then i got a Z....(you can see where this is going:D)