Fisch's New Art- The MKlotz NL 320

Thanks dudes!!!!! Mike I am thrilled you are thrilled with it! I have a lift in my step today thanks to you.

Ed dude, apples and oranges my man! Your stuff is fantastic and has a total graphic appeal. And you are so prolific, you make me feel lazy!!

I don't have plans for teeshirts, but it is awesome that y'all would want one! But when I get my self organized I will start offering prints of them. My guess is I'd offer them at a smaller size than most of the prints at my website (but bigger than 8.5 x 11 for sure) so we could keep the price smaller too!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice Scott, I love the detail to the grill w/ rust, front bumper and even the hole for the crank rod hole in the front bumper. heck I love the l@@ks of the whole drawing. you definately caught the complete looks of Mikes NL320.

very nice scott, i love the detail to the grill w/ rust, front bumper and even the hole for the crank rod hole in the front bumper. Heck i love the l@@ks of the whole drawing. You definately caught the complete looks of mikes nl320.

exactly!!

I'm more than thrilled with it!!! Geez...I'm thinking I may have to put the bumper overriders back on and strip the paint off the grill! :) Feels extremely awesome to have it immortalized like this!!! :) It's got me thinking about building another!!

picture.php?albumid=501&pictureid=2268[/img]

Fisch I have love your artwork, and I believe mklotz and I have chatted in the past. thought you'd get a kick out of a pic of my nl320 roadster hood and all.... the bumpers are Mercedes overriders.

Fisch I have love your artwork, and I believe mklotz and I have chatted in the past. thought you'd get a kick out of a pic of my nl320 roadster hood and all.... the bumpers are Mercedes overriders.

Your rig is the reason mine is getting a scoop too! :) And why Scott put it on my rig. :)

Add me to the trifecta of "NL320 owners with a 311 scoop" - It looks too damn good NOT to do!

Even though my NL will be a pretty faithful OEM restoration, there's no way I can do it without the lowered stance, wide whites, and scooped hood!

(And I'm not giving up my chrome headlight visors - they look WAY too cool.)

Oh dude I totally know your truck! I am a fan indeed. The mercedes bumpers were a brilliant move IMHO!

You guys are making me want a roadster scoop on the 1959 l210 sedan! But I love the '59 hood emblem so much, and both would look kinda weird, so I don't think I can do it.

Some day I plan on owning an NL myself! (I half joke with mike about it all the time!)

you know if enough of us put scoops on our trucks people will think it was a factory option! :) Yeah I blew up the engine last year found a 1800 4 speed and 3:70 gears! hope to have it back on the road soon.... after that flat yellow with a gloss black top, N.A.P.A.J on the door..... that's japan backwards. with silhouette of japan behind the napaj.... a throw back to an old N.A.P.A logo.... Hey fisch and MKlotz... lets finish em up and take'm back to the motherland.... Yokohama show! be fun!!!! thanks for all the insipiration guys...

Slider

:cool:Oh man! I have measured those old Mercedes bumpers and taken pictures and thought about it for 3 years now...I was aiming at the back of my 521 though...great use of "junk yard parts" man! :D

Seriously cool truck!

If enough of us put scoops on our trucks people are going to think it was a factory option:lol: I blew my engine up last year but have recently aquired a 1800 4 speed and 3:70 gears! hope to have her back on the road by first part of next year. After the engine swap I'm shooting it flat yellow with a Gloss black top. I'm going to put a twist on an old N.A.P.A logo on the doors. A sillouhette of Japan in black and N.A.P.A.J over the top. my goal is to someday take it back to the motherland and cruise with my friend Nash to pumpkin sallys and to the Yokohama show. Thanks so much you guys for the inspiration and information.

Slider

If enough of us put scoops on our trucks people are going to think it was a factory option:lol: I blew my engine up last year but have recently aquired a 1800 4 speed and 3:70 gears! hope to have her back on the road by first part of next year. After the engine swap I'm shooting it flat yellow with a Gloss black top. I'm going to put a twist on an old N.A.P.A logo on the doors. A sillouhette of Japan in black and N.A.P.A.J over the top. my goal is to someday take it back to the motherland and cruise with my friend Nash to pumpkin sallys and to the Yokohama show. Thanks so much you guys for the inspiration and information.

Slider

I am with ya dude! I'd love to get the 59 over there when all is said and done, can you imagine! Lately I have also thought about heading over there when I have enough art work done, and setting up at one of the Moon Eyes Japan shows.

fisch you need to hook up with Nash of http://www.detroitjunk.com he's writes and publishes two magazines over there. Burnout and hardcore. He's a really kool dude who really promotes the rockabilly scene. I did a piece of all the pin stripers dressed in traditional samuri gaurb with brushes instead of swords. Nash was dressed as a monk. It made burnout! he could help get your work over there!

fisch you need to hook up with Nash of http://www.detroitjunk.com he's writes and publishes two magazines over there. Burnout and hardcore. He's a really kool dude who really promotes the rockabilly scene. I did a piece of all the pin stripers dressed in traditional samuri gaurb with brushes instead of swords. Nash was dressed as a monk. It made burnout! he could help get your work over there!

Hell yeah I totally should! Sounds like the perfect fit for me. How would I get a hold of him?

I've seen Burnout, love it. We are into traditional 50's stuff including rockabilly. Fisch on the other hand looks to be a 70s rocker.:P

Oh by the way, I saw an old 60's guitar up your alley but had no name. The collector store doesn't allow pics and there was someone nearby. But it had 4 knobs, 3 white toggles, 3 chrome pickups, and a small chrome bar across the strings on the head. Askin for $125 with a case.

Man it feels good to be posting some new art again!!!

This is the Mike Klotz NL320. I even put a mid 60's Oregon license plate on there! It is one of my favorite Datsuns ever, and it was a pleasure to draw. Mike and I did an exchange. Art for some of his custom parts (which are art too!) He was a very patient guy waiting for me to be able to fit this in the schedule, and I can't thank you enough Mike!

It is pretty much a straight up portrait of the truck, with the exception that we threw the roadster hoodscoop on there. Such a cool mod. (I hope you do it for real Mike!)

I uh... added a passenger. Hope you like her Mike:D, but I can always pull her off when I make the print if you'd prefer!

Adding pin ups is something I would like to do to all future Datsun drawings:D!

Hope y'all dig!

FischMKlotzNl320.jpg

that is wonderful. u're very talented!!