Fisch's New Art- The MKlotz NL 320

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Burnout, love it. We are into traditional 50's stuff including rockabilly. Fisch on the other hand looks to be a 70s rocker.:P

Oh by the way, I saw an old 60's guitar up your alley but had no name. The collector store doesn't allow pics and there was someone nearby. But it had 4 knobs, 3 white toggles, 3 chrome pickups, and a small chrome bar across the strings on the head. Askin for $125 with a case.

70'd rocker, hee-hee, as long as we aren't talking Ted Nugent and Kansas! It is funny, I subscribe to Ol Skool Rodz and CKD, and while I flip through the pages I often see a dudes who looks just like me! But less the 50's greaser look with the fat rolled pant cuffs, and more verging on the punk side- sorta.

I do have a few cowboy shirts though!

That guitar does sound up my alley! But man ever since I've gotten into Datsuns my guitar collecting has gone way down. Last year I bought a Violin shaped 60's 6-string with blue glitter paint and the big ole chrome and wood whammy bar. It is actually a pretty cool guitar!

Forgot it has a fat chrome whammy bar too.

OSR and CKD are not good mags in my opinion. I have the origianl Hot Rod Deluxe and the first 12 independent CKDs and they are much better. The Horse chopper mag owns them. They started OSR and then bought CKD and that's why they seem the same and don't mix in the greasers as much. A truely beautiful mag is The Rodders Journal.

Forgot it has a fat chrome whammy bar too.

OSR and CKD are not good mags in my opinion. I have the origianl Hot Rod Deluxe and the first 12 independent CKDs and they are much better. The Horse chopper mag owns them. They started OSR and then bought CKD and that's why they seem the same and don't mix in the greasers as much. A truely beautiful mag is The Rodders Journal.

I am almost embarassed to admit it, cause I am not a fan of the Boyd and Foose type rods (though I admire the hell out of the work that goes into them) but lately I have been getting a lot out of Street Rodder, mostly from a tech point of view, but also from a content quantity. OSR and CKD seem to be over in one bathroom sitting. Not enough content. (And lately street rodder and some of the other seem to be making a return to more nostalgia influenced rods.)

I've flipped through Garage and have a few Rod and Kulture issues. But Garage is a lot about the lifestyle and less about the cars, and I wouldn't call it nostalgic. More Kat von D lifestyle.

Rodders Journal is a BEAUTIFUL mag. I agree 100%. It is deservedly more expensive, but worth it. I think I should give up all my other subscriptions and just subscribe to that with the savings sometimes.

So is Hot Rod Deluxe still your favorite rag? (Other than rodders journal.)

But I am far from a purist. From a creative, outsider-arty, POV i dig the rides in OSR and CKD. (Though some are just way over the top.) I like seeing creative solutions to cosmetics and functionality (Though many aren't very functional!). I totally respect traditional rods- where nothing is done that couldn't be done 50 years ago. But I like to be surprised even more! (And I dig looking at the tattooed Suicide Girl-type pin-ups!)

I wish I could subscribe to all the mags!!

What I need is a mag where ol skool ideas are applied to classic imports! But that is a small market indeed! I don't know if I will ever go the traditional ford chevy mopar rod route. But rodding a 30's fiat, 30's aluminum BSA car, Graham Hollywood, Austin 7, Bantams, even some of the REALLY old BMW's. That is my cup o tea!

This is my favorite rod of late! I return to this issue of OSR over and over again.

108_10873175908.jpg

Edited by fisch

see fisch now your playing more in my actual relm. I kinda of stumbled onto my nl320 don't get me wrong i've had a blast with it. to get a hold of Nash

visit http://www.detroitjunk.com or email n-k@fd5.so-net.ne.jp i know it's weird.... but is japa and all. check out his kool stuff! here's a shot of my 52 this is the truck that started it all for me. she's a little tired and rough now but it's still a blastpicture.php?albumid=501&pictureid=2283[/img]

picture.php?albumid=501&pictureid=2282[/img]

Yeah Fisch...I saw that one in Rod and Custom...that thing is so dead-on perfect...:cool:

I must admit I have an emotional response to cool HotRods and customs...or Kustoms:rolleyes:

I just got a 1969 Dodge A100...you think that would make a cool cruiser?:blink:

Dodgevan8.jpg

One of my favorites for the last 2 years has been the lime green Ford with the Chevyish grill...all I have right now is this Photoshopped pic I took at the Autorama...freegin perfect car! Much respect for the creator of this sweet ride! Imagine light green...(edit)...I just found it online...here is an actual pic of it.

What I liked about it most was that it actually had some runs in the paint and some flaws in its finish...that made it all the more perfect to me.

0608rc_01_z1951_ford_sedanfront_qua.jpg

0608rc_02_z1951_ford_sedanrear_quar.jpg

0608rc_z1951_fordcustom.jpg

And of course..this one...although it is all fiberglass...the guy went to great length to make it look as cool as my Simca.:lol:

GreenFordRatRod.jpg

And this one is bad az!

0804rc_01_zjames_danas_1936_plymout.jpg

Edited by denveratsun

Denver, That looks like the longer 3/4 ton van. My buddy here has parted out some vans....

My dream car has always been an early Westergard custom. He's the guy that taught the Barris brothers. The white with green 36 just posted is similar to his work.

I do like you F1, but I would so want the cab sectioned and the hood pancaked to match the lowered bed beter. Then it would be one mean and low truck. A friend in Vallejo has a 53 delivery thats chopped 11" and bagged. When parked and set on the ground I can see over it and I'm 5'3".

Now the NL320 should have a 60's flare with chunky metal flake paint.

I do like you F1, but I would so want the cab sectioned and the hood pancaked to match the lowered bed beter. Then it would be one mean and low truck. A friend in Vallejo has a 53 delivery thats chopped 11" and bagged. When parked and set on the ground I can see over it and I'm 5'3".

Now the NL320 should have a 60's flare with chunky metal flake paint.

Dudes I am agreeing with everything y'all are saying. Damn you are getting me all fired up!

On the Van, I almost bought a Greenbrier in the distant past! I think the A100 is rad and in fact I was also looking at the FC trucks (There was even an A100 FC truck right?) when I bought my 521. It was a toss up when I decided it was time to get a classic. I really wanted a Morris Minor Truck, That led me to the 320 which I would have killed to have, but you can almost forget it in the NE. But when the 521 showed up and was a pretty rust free old shop truck and was $225, well the wallet spoke, and I do LOVE that truck!

But I lusted for something older. While at the same time got so attached to ratsun and this community and the awesomeness of Dattos in general. So I had to find the oldest Datsun I could get in this country. Thus the 1959. And the plus is that some of the styling with the ass end of the '59 reminded me of much older cars, like the '37ish humpbacks. Purple's really helped solidify it in my mind. I needed a 59. And walked away from an INSANE deal on a 411 because I knew it would mean if a 59 showed up i wouldn't be able to jump on it.

But when I look to the future I still want more tiny, even older imports. The ultimate would be a 30's nissan/datsun. I would rod the hell out of one!!! Fenderless ratty tatty goodness.

800px-1937_Datsun_Model_16_Sedan_01.jpg

image_view_fullscreen

But I am also really hot on this all aluminum BSA car. And started a thread about it. It almost looks chopped from the factory, and Aluminum? SA-WEET! Bare metal rod anyone?

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=12412&highlight=bsa

img8781421.jpg

Or a OLD fiat truck like this one. The beauty of this particular one is it already has a Japanese engine in it!! Take the fenders off + slam it = Heaven.

4503.jpg

4510.jpg

The nice thing about the imports to my mind (other than I like how tiny they are) is that I can drop Nissan engine in them and not feel too bad about mixing breeds. Thus staying Ratsun!

But in the end, I just want something different, you know?

And I LOVE your 52 Kustomsun! I agree with the modz Purple suggested, but dude as is it is a BAD AZZ!!! How cool are those headlights!! If my 59 had been a basket case, I had thought about doing something similar with 521 quad lights.

I could go on and on on this subject. And Denver, your Simca has entered my dreams many times! Alright I need to shut up or I will type a dictionary!

Edited by fisch

Purple: man you read my mind.... I really thought about section the cab and pancaking the hood.... but.... even at 5'4" i'm running out of room in the truck... And I was going to metal flake the nl320 but i'm going shop truckish.... but i could be persuded.... here's my first metalflake job i did this year for a buddy....

picture.php?albumid=501&pictureid=2310

picture.php?albumid=501&pictureid=2309

picture.php?albumid=501&pictureid=2308

Fisch soooo what your telling me is we need to find you a basket case 59??!!!???:lol: I have and extra set of 521 headlight buckets!!!

No doubt!! The funny thing is I had no idea what shape the 59 was in when I bought it. A few fuzzy jpgs. I figured if it was a basket case I could go crazy with it. Street sign floors, body modz the whole deal. Cause it isn't like you are going to find spare parts for it in a catalog! And I wanted to learn to weld. Alas it is too nice for me to irreversably chop up. I was WAY more excited to have such a solid example than a basket case, but a basket case would have been fun! But I will have fun with the paint, cosmetics, ride height, under the hood, and all the little details.

Dude I think you could just flake the roof of the 320 like you did for your buddy.

Hey have you seen Truckula? Satin black but with gloss flaked scallops. I LOVE it! Something to think about! But maybe an flat red oxide primer color with gloss red oxide metalflake scallops. As long as they are the same color I think the look would work.

23.jpg

0805st_13_z+2007_mooneyes_show_drag+1946_ford.jpg

Wish I could find a better pic so you can see the paint. I should scan teh OSR issue.

Edited by fisch