what's your profession?

Well full time Im a counterman for Great American Inc....http://www.theload.com shameless plug. Part time Im a mechanic for the National Guard.I turned wrenches for the Marine Corps for 8 years and then did it with a truck company for 4 years and decided I wanted to sell the parts instead of installing them so I had time to work on my own stuff.And Im a professional slacker 35 years experience with that.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I work full time for Port Susan Camping Club as a Projects Administrator. Port Susan is an 800 acre private RV park in the woods with 2500 membership campsites ten miles west of Marysville WA on the Tulalip Reservation. Previously I worked for the Port Susan Maintenance Dept. (Public Works) for eleven years. My current big project is working with the Snohomish County Public Utilities Dept. to get energy rebates *up to 70% of the cost) for having an electrical contractor upgrade us to modern, energy efficient lighting inside and outside all of our park buildings and facilities, including parking and storage lot lighting. The contractor is upgrading or replacing approx. 600 light fixtures.

Dan

right now? I work at a middle school! molding the young minds of our society.

I had been wondering who to blame. Now I know.

I'm a scripter/developer/software-maintainer/customer-fire-extinguisher (I work for a software startup) and an (aspiring, unpaid) author.

It's interesting seeing all the different types of folks we attract here.

Freelance writer/illustrator. Currently I am freelancing for Disney on Tron 2.0 franchise. Which will be a movie in 2011, but I am working on the computergame, rather than the movie.

OMG Tron......jerkbowdown.gif

Yeah it is a sexy gig! I am doing character concept design. Essentially costume design with attitude! I just finished up my asset list today, so I am not sure if I will be working on it more or not. I hope so!

The life of a freelancer, usually never know what I am working on more than a few months in advance!

Installed 12volt audio and security for 8 years, then unemployed for a few months. Now learning to cut meat at a local grocery store. Pretty different jobs, and none of the tools I bought swap over to the new job. Time to invest in my future again.