Skib joins the goon squad.

Skib

OMG! ENGINE WORK!

well the exhaust shop that fixed my exhaust neglected to put all but one of the collector bolts back on and it came off on the free lastnight :rolleyes: so while I as fixing that I decided to do some other work Iv been putting off while I was at it.

IMG_0099-3.jpg

Iv tryed not to crack into the L16 anymore than I have to since its my A-B car, but ever since Iv owned it its burned oil from the valve seals and I finally got around to getting it and a few other things done.

yanked the head.

IMG_0113-2.jpg

IMG_0116-2.jpg

engine will get a major clean up while Iv got everything off lol

IMG_0118-3.jpg

pulling everything to replace the seals.

IMG_0120-2.jpg

IMG_0121-2.jpg

and a perfect time to paint the cam cover :lol:

right off the head.

IMG_0100-3.jpg

a bit of a cleaning.

IMG_0101.jpg

prime.

IMG_0102.jpg

and some wrinkle black :D

IMG_0119-2.jpg

soon as its cured Ill sand the ridges and text and give em a polish :cool:

painting up the cap too ;)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! Thanks for the pics of the valve seal repair!!!

Im gonna try and get enough good pics to do a short write up in the how to section.

so far Iv just pulled the springs, still gotta pull the oils seals and put the new seals in.

i got a nice lil cam sittin on the bench... :D

one that would work nice in a 9:1 w58? :D thats the head Iv been building for it, Im hoping I can get it back from Pauls shop soon since now would be the best time to put it on.

Im gonna try and get enough good pics to do a short write up in the how to section.

I like the sound of that. I've never done any work inside an engine. Never even taken a head off. What cool about you Skibby is you are artistic and mechanical. I still have a lot to learn on the latter.

I like the sound of that. I've never done any work inside an engine. Never even taken a head off. What cool about you Skibby is you are artistic and mechanical. I still have a lot to learn on the latter.

Thanks man! :lol: thats a big complement comin from such a skilled dude!

mechanics can be learned but your skills are pure talent :D

so i got a 79 210 wagon. its got the a14 with a 32/36 dgev weber.the weber gave it power to get out of its own way but its still a stock motor i want more power. what motor would be a good choice for a motor swap? ive seen the twin cam 240sx motors in the 510s and am interested in that just dont know the details to find the right one. any tips for me?

Best to start a new thread in General or the Dime section ;)

Skib, that stencil work is most excellent :cool:

:rofl: you guys where on him before I finished deleting that post

In other news.........

SHIT.

1. my back hurts.

2. still cant upload anything.

3. i dropped the mother fucking chain tensioner! sonofabitch!!! fuckpissshit!! :angry:

but...

I did fix the leaky ass oil pressure sender, got all my new valve stem seals in, and cleaned and painted the block and some other odds and ends.

and Im about to have all new front cover gaskets :rolleyes: a good thing.... I guess

:rofl: you guys where on him before I finished deleting that post

timing(chain tensioner) is everything!

In other news.........

SHIT.

3. i dropped the mother fucking chain tensioner! sonofabitch!!! fuckpissshit!! :angry:

lift with your knees, not your back! :P

i sneezed and dropped the chain the last time :angry:

lift with your knees, not your back! :P

i sneezed and dropped the chain the last time :angry:

:rofl: my bodys been beat already (skating and moto-x), all that time hunkered over the engine bay and it huuuurts when I stand back up straiten my back out lol

haha. I vote independent rear end! ahaha. slam that bitch down! If Jeff can do it, then at least its possible, maybe not easy but possible. The number of head swaps I have down atleast half of them I have dropped the timing chain. I hate when that happens. where are you "moto-xing" at?

haha. I vote independent rear end! ahaha. slam that bitch down! If Jeff can do it, then at least its possible, maybe not easy but possible. The number of head swaps I have down atleast half of them I have dropped the timing chain. I hate when that happens. where are you "moto-xing" at?

Iv been pretty good with them so far :rolleyes:

I used to ride, had a alot of bikes over the years but the last group was few XR trail bikes and an RM125 race bike

Do you have anything now? I have a crf230. You should find a bike and next time I am up we should go out to goat mountain where I used to live and ride the trails.

nope :( the shed full of bikes is now a shed full of datto parts