Official Ratsun T-shirt Ideas Thread!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

indy, if you take the square edges of your front pic, and round them, i think ittl be a winner for me, as well as the very top ratsun one, with the rat on the back. any truck entrant?, how bout some z cars?, even tho there arent many. i suck at drawing, so pardon my inablity to feed ideas. or any designs that can kinda collage all the kinds of ratuns? 510, truck, z?

If we get SUPER serious about getting shirts made my friend knows a company who can make them & will look very good when done. They made shirts for the other Nissan site im on http://www.nissancustoms.com & prices were reasonable. We'd all have to settle on a design & go from there so let me know.P.S. stickers cam also be made of the shirt design we settle on so keep that in mind :D

hey lets just use this thread to post our designs, then pm each other if you want to make suggestions on them. what do you say on friday we have an admin close this thread and we can have a voting thread to run all weekend, maybe into tuesday morning or something. I'm working on a couple of truck shirts, just need to get my buddy to help with the photo shop work. man...this is taking off! everybody is doing awesome work, i love that 510 designed shirt indy!

I like cruzn620's. should be the datsun logo on front and back. (with ratsun) Not sure bout the rising sun thing. I know a few vetrans that would kick my ass for wearin one of them. They are pretty f/n old now. so I think I can take em.

Not sure bout the rising sun thing. I know a few vetrans that would kick my ass for wearin one of them. They are pretty f/n old now. so I think I can take em.

If my grandfather were still around, he'd probably be one of them. He was a Pearl Harbor veteran; a lot of his friends died that day. It probably wouldn't be as offensive to old timers if it were Japan's national flag instead of the symbol for Japan's imperial navy. Now it's used as a symbol for the "Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force," so I have no idea what it symbolizes when we use it. It is a cool design though, and it's unfortunate there is some negative stigma surrounding it. Then again, you rarely see anybody sporting the same mustache Hitler did either: it's taboo by association! Or, rather, "It's soaked up too much history," as the author to the linked piece concludes.

post up what you have. these are my first 3 designs, i have 2 more that i'm waiting on photo shop work on. what do you say we vote for the top 2 or 3...those will get made now. then if sales go well, we can make the rest. fair enough??

ratsunlogo1vb0.png

ratsunlogo2wb4.jpg

ratsunlogo3cc7.png

I like the rat logo.. very well done.. :D

Here are a couple ideas I've had...

t-shirt_rat.png

t-shirt_gear.png

t-shirt_rising_sun.png

One thing to consider is the cost of printing. I've never had a t-shirt made, but I'd imagine it's similar to any print media: the less colors the cheaper it is to print. Typically, you can cover a decent color gamut with four inks, but if you keep it at one to three spot (specific) colors, it should theoretically be cheaper.

By the way, there was a discussion about who owns the rights to the logos. I'm not sure about the others, but Jeff and I own the copyright to the "rat with wrenches" logo. I can't speak for him, but I'm perfectly okay with people taking advantage of it for personal use. The stipulation would be that the logo itself must not be modified and it must 'advertise' the site. Selling merchandise is okay too at this point, so long as at least half the proceeds go to keep the site running. I know that is what is being discussed, so I'm not jumping on anybody about it, I just wanted to clarify. :)

:cool: ^i like the 'gear' sun!!! the name needs to be repositioned, underneath perhaps? (im stealing the gear idea for my hood)

how would the big rat look with the name ON the wreches? vs. under (no skills here :rolleyes: )

i also like the indy510 design too, but w/ the smoothed out sun corners(maybe more of 1/2 circle above???)

the 'datsun' name with the D turned into an R would look :cool: (tailgate style)

:cool: ^i like the 'gear' sun!!! the name needs to be repositioned, underneath perhaps? (im stealing the gear idea for my hood)

how would the big rat look with the name ON the wreches? vs. under (no skills here :rolleyes: )

i also like the indy510 design too, but w/ the smoothed out sun corners(maybe more of 1/2 circle above???)

the 'datsun' name with the D turned into an R would look :cool: (tailgate style)

Good suggestions, I think you're right about the text positioning. You're welcome to steal the gear idea. :)

t-shirt_sun_variation.png

t-shirt_big_rat.png

2924460_11_full.jpg

The logo can be on the front or back.

A color shirt doesn't cost more, and yes half the money goes to Ratsun.

I get a really good deal at a local shop, so I will make one for me, and post some pics on the weekend. It will cost about $7.

Put me down for 2...on the black...

Let me know when they are done and what the total will be shipped to 98466-3131

Thanks

man, i don't want to act like the nerdy kid ruining all the fun, but arent we just posting designs on this thread...then we will vote later? i was hoping we could get like 2-3 different designs voted on, get them produced, and have like a "store" of merchandise. if we are setting here with 10 different designs there is going to be no way to make a profit at all. hey thomas, the plan i had was to try to make $3 profit on every item and 100% of that would go back into the site to pay for hosting fees, domain registery, perhaps additional badwidth or webdesign. any money left over could be used in contests to buy "prizes" or something. well...that was the idea i had at least. if you guys don't want to do it this way just tell me to STFU...and i will...LOL...you guys also have to remember that small details and stuff like that don't come out well in screen printing, so you want to try and take as much "detail" out of the shirts as possible. just like an AA meeting "keep it simple stupid" but i love the designs, a lot of work is going into this and i have quickly discovered that i'm not as creative as i thought i was! so either lets stick to the plan and vote on 2 or 3 designs, or you guys just tell me to shut up and we can just do everything as individuals, it doesnt make any difference to me, i just want everybody to be happy...ok...back to working on my dotty!!

man, i don't want to act like the nerdy kid ruining all the fun, but arent we just posting designs on this thread...then we will vote later? i was hoping we could get like 2-3 different designs voted on, get them produced, and have like a "store" of merchandise. if we are setting here with 10 different designs there is going to be no way to make a profit at all. hey thomas, the plan i had was to try to make $3 profit on every item and 100% of that would go back into the site to pay for hosting fees, domain registery, perhaps additional badwidth or webdesign. any money left over could be used in contests to buy "prizes" or something. well...that was the idea i had at least. if you guys don't want to do it this way just tell me to STFU...and i will...LOL...you guys also have to remember that small details and stuff like that don't come out well in screen printing, so you want to try and take as much "detail" out of the shirts as possible. just like an AA meeting "keep it simple stupid" but i love the designs, a lot of work is going into this and i have quickly discovered that i'm not as creative as i thought i was! so either lets stick to the plan and vote on 2 or 3 designs, or you guys just tell me to shut up and we can just do everything as individuals, it doesnt make any difference to me, i just want everybody to be happy...ok...back to working on my dotty!!

I think you have a great plan here, and the thought of helping ratsun financially is very much appreciated. If the interest is there, we should definitely go forward with an official design. That was my intent, but I'm unclear on how the details are being handled. Perhaps we should suss that out and make this a more concrete endeavor. :)

i think i understand what you're talking about as far as it being just one or two "official" designs that are made... and i think that should continue to be the plan, but at the same time... if somebody else wants to do a couple other designs and have them cheaply made and passed out, as long as there is a reasonable kickback to ratsun, i say go for it. you can't have too many t shirts... and especially if they show off something cool that you love...

my 2 cents on that... as far as desins, i don't not like anything i've seen. i like indy's alot, but i also know that the detail can be tricky, as already mentioned. cruzn, i love the ones you've done, the datsun with the d scratched out... classic. this last one with a 620, great. my input would be instead of the rising sun behind the truck, get a pic of somebody's that has it on the hood, or make that one's hood be the sun and i think it would make it more of a ratsun shirt than just a datsun shirt. also i personally am not a fan of white shirts with designs on them, that's just me... i wear white t shirts all the time, but not if i can't bleach them to keep them white. and i understand we're trying to just get the design finalized, but some of the designs might not be as appreciated on a black t shirt... or whatever color... on that note, i reworked thomas' design a lil. to my taste... i don't know if it should be added to the running but i just thought i'd show it.. :D

basically, keep up the good work, everybody.

t-shirt_big_rat.jpg

looking at it now maybe the wrenches should just be oulines with white text instead of all white with black text. either way i just think it makes the rat a lil more menacing :)

also somebody with better tech art skills should do something with an image of splinter. he's the ultimate tough rat, imo. maybe with the nissan slogan "shift_ ..." like shift_rat HA ... quick copyright "shift_rat"... ha