Official Ratsun T-shirt Ideas Thread!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha you've never been to atlanta i take it... i was mainly just givin ya shit about the club line...

don't get me wrong... i like women... well i like girls... haven't met many women i like, not in that way anyhow... but i've managed to meet as many as i have without stepping foot into a "club" so i don't think i'll start now.

and i don't want to be selfish... i think they should be offered in multiple colors, like thomas said, it doesn't matter now what color the design is, it can be changed with different inks for different shirt colors.

Alright, here is my input. This ratsun community is not a well organized group. We each have our own tastes and views on thing and that is part of what makes this forum so great. Trying to pick out one or even 3 different shirts will be darn near impossible. I think tomorrow, if I don't work on my truck, I will be at the local mall making my own shirt and making a "babydoll" shirt for my girlfriend to model. If you want the design I use to make it I would be happy to send it but as of right now, I will keep it in my head. Oh yeah, stickers will be made for myself tomorrow also:P

RISING SUN SUCKS.....# 3 is the best.

The sun is getting fucking OLDE!!!

I am with him on that one. Plus its a sign of war for japan. Kinda like if we rocked a flipped usa flag on our rides kinda dumb. just my opinion its too played out.

I also think the logo should stay universal since we all dont have a specific car/truck.

I talked to Thomas, and he and jeff are wanting a universal design, no car or truck on it...besides, we are all ratsun. after all the confusion that this thread created i think they are wanting to work on the designs themselves (after all, i thought for universal appeal, thomas' designs were the best anyway) so i would just wait on a word from them to see what we are going to do

I'm going to close this thread; I think it's gotten a little chaotic. The main theme here is a desire for some official "ratsun.net" merchandise. While there are a lot of good ideas and designs expressed in here, it feels a bit disorganized. The problem is that it's been left a little too open--a democratic approach to design is okay, but it needs more guidelines. I completely agree that our first t-shirt needs to have a universal appeal within the ratsun community. It should also be more simplistic and conservative on color range to cut the cost of production, which also means it'll be a front-only design.

Let's face it, we all have different tastes so we're not going to share the same zeal on anything, except perhaps datsuns ;). One simple approach for our first venture into merchandise would be just to have our logo printed on shirts. I personally like that idea: it's our logo, it's simplistic and it would only use one ink. On the other hand, I also really like the altered Datsun logo where it uses a couple more inks, but it's still not overly elaborate. It also has the added bonus of familiarity so it instantly signifies what the site is about. The only problem I foresee with using it, is I'm sure Nissan has a copyright (and probably a trademark) on it so we'd have to clear it with them first. I'm unsure how easy that would be.

Anyway, understand any "official" design and merchandise is in the hands of the administrators here. If you have a great idea for something ratsun related that you'd like to produce, please run it through us. Also note if a profit is being made off of the ratsun name or logo, some of it needs to benefit the community. We're not looking to make fists full of cheddar off this page, but we want it to stay afloat. And I'm not saying this to imply anybody is acting otherwise--people have been very good and honest around here--I just want to make it crystal clear. If you'd like to make a shirt, a stencil or a sticker for yourself, we certainly aren't going to stop you.

We love that people are willing to help out. It would be nice if we could get to the point where the site is entirely supported through merchandise or donations and such. We're not really set up that way right now, but if there's still interest in an official ratsun t-shirt, let's continue that conversation in a new thread. I'd like to gather a more concrete sense of interest in official merchandise. Also, we need to approach this one step at a time, without just posting our design ideas. Perhaps what we should do is suss out the minor details first? The guidelines so far are this: universal appeal, simplistic production and a conservative color range.

Should we just start with our rat on a t-shirt, and branch out from there? Would there be sufficient interest in that? Are people willing to prepay to cover the initial investment? Is Jeff willing to distribute t-shirts to his buddies around here so they don't have to pay for shipping? ;)

Etc..