How NOT to clean your motorcycle chain *graphic pics*

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start by saying that I've never seen anything that makes me legitimately uncomfortable on the internet. The only thing that can even make me gag is 2girls1cup, and I have to watch half of it to acheive that effect.

I feel seriously uncomfortable looking at those pictures. Why in the world would you clean your chain while it's moving?

I'll start by saying that I've never seen anything that makes me legitimately uncomfortable on the internet. The only thing that can even make me gag is 2girls1cup, and I have to watch half of it to acheive that effect.

I feel seriously uncomfortable looking at those pictures. Why in the world would you clean your chain while it's moving?

yeah that made my stomach turn

1 guy one jar... :lol:

I'd be too worried about my hand to take pics honestly...

This serves as a nice reminder to everyone.... Keep all hands away from moving parts..

my math teacher told me a story of him and his buddies working on his dads mustang i think it was. i believe they were changing the brakes (or something of that nature, front wheels were off. anyway, the car slipped off the jackstands and one of them tried to "catch" it, it was either 1 or 2 of his fingers literally popped off at one of the joints and shot across the room.

I have seen worst.

I drilled a hole thru my index finger on a drill press. I cut my right index finger at the knuckle thru the skin and tendons, i could see the bones, i fell on some glass a few years back too and fillet my ring/pinky on the right hand so i could see the bones there too. Got blood poisoning in my left hand. They had to cut a hole in my hand and pick shit out of it with some tweezer like tool. Then shove a tube in there, and let it drain. I had to go every 6 hours for two weeks for an injection in that tube.

Now, dont get me wrong. I am not saying what has happened to me was worst. After seeing this guys hand, i consider myself lucky. I still have all 100% of all my limbs.

But gross factor is long gone for me. Thats nothing :)

I should post up the pictures of my friends hand. He was moving some marble slates one of them slipped and he went to catch it and it crushed his fingers.

I tried to catch a falling transmission once. Now I can't bend my left ring finger. At least I got to keep the digit...:blush:

but, how did he type the post...? I bet the keyboard gets all slippery gooey....

he said he took the pictures with his blackberry, so maybe he typed it 1 handed on his blackberry? that or in the pics of him at his house (what i assume to be after the hospital trip) show a laptop in the background. for extra lulz one also has a fuzzy picture of what looks to be a man posing

Seen that, doesn't faze me. 1guy1screwdriver, 2guys1horse, you name it, it won't get to me like this did.

Only thing surprising is the stupidity of said people. lol

You know, I don't get why he had to have his hand there.. I've cleaned chains by just using a good de-greaser spray... and then greasing it with spray on grease...