• That sheets dope!
    • I could of done better......
    • Your mexican

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! I love the look, a rising sun makes anything better!

Only complaint (not just with yours, but with anybody's) is when you don't take the time to measure the rays. Take the extra 5 minutes to find the center point of your "sun" and make some even rays coming from it. Makes things look more organized/proper/put together.

Otherwise, great job!

Sweet! I love the look, a rising sun makes anything better!

Only complaint (not just with yours, but with anybody's) is when you don't take the time to measure the rays. Take the extra 5 minutes to find the center point of your "sun" and make some even rays coming from it. Makes things look more organized/proper/put together.

Otherwise, great job!

thanks.

I know the rays are uneven I should of took the time to space them out evenly it was all by eyeball but, I guess you learn from your mistakes. I think it looks ok for the couple hours I put into it though.....

thanks.

I know the rays are uneven I should of took the time to space them out evenly it was all by eyeball but, I guess you learn from your mistakes. I think it looks ok for the couple hours I put into it though.....

If my 521 was perfect, I wouldn't drive it. If Jim Beam didn't taste so good, I wouldn't drink it. If you painted that on my wall I wouldn't knock it. :D:D:

I now have a motif for the basement ceiling... thanks for the inspiration..:thumbup:

If my 521 was perfect, I wouldn't drive it. If Jim Beam didn't taste so good, I wouldn't drink it. If you painted that on my wall I wouldn't knock it. :D:D:

I now have a motif for the basement ceiling... thanks for the inspiration..:thumbup:

:lol: thanks. and your welcome :thumbup:

its really nice, maybe you can add a cell shading style front clip of a 620 on the lower right corner....do you get my idea?

do you have a bucket seat on your bedroom............oh wait....me too XD

Edited by paradoxx
its really nice, maybe you can add a cell shading style front clip of a 620 on the lower right corner....do you get my idea?

do you have a bucket seat on your bedroom............oh wait....me too XD

add a cell shading? I don't get it.....

yeah its a shity APC racing seat...

i think its bad ass!:D

Thanks.

I can't see what it says. Is that an American plane that the artist painted the Japanese sun on?

Hellcat_nose_art.jpg

The offset rising sun flag was the symbol of the Imperial Japanese Navy. --> united-states-flag_2071_7263991.gif

On American fighter planes (seen in this picture under the cockpit on the side of the fuselage) they represent a Japanese kill (shooting down a fighter/bomber) likewise a red/white Nazi party flag or plain swastika was used to represent German kills (seen the the picture below) the bombs also shown near the "S" in this picture represent successful bombing missions.

Spurly_P-38_nose_art.jpg

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Edited by Skib

Since the discussion has taken a turn, you might find this interesting, if not known already.

At the beginning of WWII the Japanese had the upper hand, with much better pilots. Also, the Mitsubishi zero was a much more formidible aircraft than the Allied forces had.

From Wiki: "In the Pacific Theater, the experienced Japanese used their latest Mitsubishi A6M "Zero" to clear the skies of all opposition. Allied air forces – often flying obsolete aircraft, as the Japanese were not deemed as dangerous as the Germans – were caught off-guard and driven back until the Japanese became overextended. While the Japanese entered the war with a cadre of superbly trained airmen, they were never able to adequately replace their losses with pilots of the same quality, resulting in zero leave for experienced pilots and sending pilots with minimal skill into battle, while the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan and U.S. schools produced thousands of competent airmen, compared to hundred the Japanese graduated a year before the war. Japanese fighter planes were also optimized for agility and range, and in time Allied airmen developed tactics that made better use of the superior armament and protection in their Grumman F4F Wildcats and Curtiss P-40s. From mid-1942, newer Allied fighter models were faster (Wildcat was 13 mph slower than the Zero, but the Warhawk was 29 mph faster) and better-armed than the Japanese fighters. Improved tactics such as the Thach weave helped counter the more agile Zeros and Nakajima Ki-43 'Oscars'. Japanese industry was not up to the task of mass-producing fighter designs equal to the latest Western models, and Japanese fighters had been largely driven from the skies by mid-1944."

[Edit: I voted for two thumbs up Carlos!]