Should I???

Should I open a store to sell my design?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I open a store to sell my design?

• Yes, I love them, I will buy them, you will make money
    • No, you suck, I'll tell everyone not to buy your crap...you'll die sad and alone

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you dont at least try you will never know how great your designs actually are. if it wont cost to much i say go for it and try,,,, even if it starts out as just us on this site buying some of them...then when we are wearing them they will be seen and that is the best advertisement for you:)

For the $5 a month, you could spend your money in worse ways. This is 'intellectual property', and the possibility of turning ideas into direct cash is always appealing. I agree that most of the drawings you've done would work well on shirts.

You may want to contact some of the various Nissan clubs and website admins and build your market before you open the store. I know that ODPL has folded into nicoclub.com, and that forum is now nearly dead. A retro ODPL shirt just might have an audience. Event specific designs would also be popular, I think. I don't know if a shirt was available for Blue Lake this year, but since I didn't make it to Canby I'd like to see one. It's fairly obvious that there is some money in this hobby, so look at that audience as your primary customer. Specifically, the roadster, Z and 510 crowd, probably in that order. You may not sell a whole bunch of B210 designs.

You seem to be a pretty squared away guy. Think it through, make a plan and then decide. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck, whatever you decide. If you start up a store, post a link for us all to swarm you with orders. :blink:

ok who is the asshat that actually voted no

LMAO

Lol was in notebook composing a pm to send to you ed....about setting up a way to sell them...right off the front page of my new site. Interested?

Yeah, I would. Let me talk to the boss (the wife) and I'll let you know what I can come up with.

support your local starving art student! or-if youre not one for dealing with stoners or craigslist... screenprints are pretty simple to do from home- even from a garage or bedroom closet. doing things from home might help with shipping costs and profit margins :)

either way. forrow your dreems indeed. and make some sick rising sun 510 handkerchiefs!

It's coming...I need to tweek the design a little. I'm gonna try and order a shirt to see what kind of quality they are...I'll keep you guys posted. Btw..you can see the 620 base design in my other thread "a little art". http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=14061&page=3