Should I???

Should I open a store to sell my design?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I open a store to sell my design?

• Yes, I love them, I will buy them, you will make money
    • No, you suck, I'll tell everyone not to buy your crap...you'll die sad and alone

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was you I'd probably pull the circles out from behind the cars, seems to distract from your otherwise awesome illustrations. If I could get the 280ZXT on the back of a shirt I'd be all over it.

Have you thought about doing the big work on the back, with a small logo-ish thing off centered on the front?

FWIW the "Datsun Classics" one is rad.

Edit: You should make Charlies 520 available too, that one is sweeeeet.

Edited by yellowdatsun

Hi Ed,

Great work. If you are dealing with a sales person for the T-shirts, hoodies, or what ever they should send you samples of their product for no charge.

You will probably get requests for custom work, like when I finish my truck I will send you a picture of it and request a custom shirt based on the picture of my truck. I gotta have somethin nice to wear to church on Sunday! So I hope that you don't get so big so fast that you won't be able to handle the custom requests also.

Also, please start signing your work, it is something you can be proud of!!!

Good luck with the shirts please also consider posters of your work.

If I was you I'd probably pull the circles out from behind the cars, seems to distract from your otherwise awesome illustrations. If I could get the 280ZXT on the back of a shirt I'd be all over it.

Have you thought about doing the big work on the back, with a small logo-ish thing off centered on the front?

FWIW the "Datsun Classics" one is rad.

Edit: You should make Charlies 520 available too, that one is sweeeeet.

The 280zx is now available on the back and without the circle. Thanks for the input!

Hi Ed,

Great work. If you are dealing with a sales person for the T-shirts, hoodies, or what ever they should send you samples of their product for no charge.

You will probably get requests for custom work, like when I finish my truck I will send you a picture of it and request a custom shirt based on the picture of my truck. I gotta have somethin nice to wear to church on Sunday! So I hope that you don't get so big so fast that you won't be able to handle the custom requests also.

Also, please start signing your work, it is something you can be proud of!!!

Good luck with the shirts please also consider posters of your work.

Yeah, I keep forgetting to put my sig on them..oh well. I'll always try to make time to do requests....I'm getting so many now, I wonder if I should start charging?

Ideally you won't have to charge for requests, the idea is that hopefully enough people will pony up the cash so it will be worth your while to do the artwork in the first place. As long as the cars are the popular models I wouldn't see it as being an issue anyways. It's when you get to the obscure ones where you may only sell a couple, where it may not be worth the time.

Edit: Ahhh! Just saw that you added the "280ZX" thing to the front of the Z shirt, that kicks ass. I'm going to order one of those and the "classics" one, just wish I could have done it before JCCS! I'll let you know how they come out.

Edited by yellowdatsun

Hey Ed,

I was looking at the wagon shirt, and realized you can customize them. Do you mind if people order shirts that have been changed from your original? I mean it's your artwork.

I remember talking to Mike K. at Canby, and we were saying that when you meet people in person a lot of times you don't know their real name. Having your ratsun name on a shirt might help.

Anyway, just messing around. I think my wife wants one, and maybe some for the kids.

Luke D.

Shirt1Front.jpg

Shirt1Back.jpg

You guys can customize them anyway you want! In fact, I encourage it..I had actually thought about doing a Ratsun shirt that you could put your own name on the front. I'm just glad you guys dig em'.

• 3 weeks later...
'62 ?

I think it's a 74 actually. Is that what you mean??

Datrod..no..if you want another color let me know and I'll try to get it changed...I have to go back and recolor the car by hand (mouse actually :D)

I know people that will make a shirt or hats, even signs with what ever you want on them and always have as much as they can handle. If it holds your interest then go for it but it might get old doing it to much. Just limit yourself and do not get over whelmed. Sorry if my spellin' ain't right.

I think it's a 74 actually. Is that what you mean??

Datrod..no..if you want another color let me know and I'll try to get it changed...I have to go back and recolor the car by hand (mouse actually :D)

I like the wagon one. I would like it in red kinda like my goon. :D