Green 4 Door SR20

Bat Fastard

Hello, I have been checking out this forum for a while, looking for a new place to continue my build thread. (if theres any interest) I started one at 510 Realm and have spent quite some time there looking at other peoples cars for ideas. Then the search engine at the realm broke and the picture uploading stopped working as well. So I'm gonna post up a few pics of my car and see if theres any interest for me to continue the build thread here. My old thread on the Realm is titled "Cuban Missle Crisis". Read the begining of the thread and you will understand the title.

BF

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rack is from a 92 celica (not sure of the year but it was that bodystyle). The rack did need some mods: It is not shortened but we did have to "clock" the piece where the PS lines go into.. see pics where we welded another set of tabs to rotate the head so that the lines would clear the engine block. Custom mounts were also fabbed to mount it to the crossmember. The tie rods are stock Celica parts (inner and outer) just shortened to fit. It is a very tight setup that is approx. 2.6 turns lock to lock.

On with the progress, I started out working on the fuel tank this morning and got the tank mounted, all lines connected and tightened, made a mount for the fuel pump and filter, then mounted that on some rubber isolators right in front of the tank.

With the fuel system finished up to the firewall, it was time to work on the brakes. I ran new hard lines for the right and left sides in the engine bay. The pedal assembly, which is a cut up modded Wilwood reverse pedal mount, was then mounted and I ran new lines from it to the bulkhead fittings for the front lines. A new clutch line was ran as well. Then on to mounting the resivoirs, that turned out a little more time consuming than I thought. As soon as I get some parts from summit (park lock) I'll be able to finish up the brake system.

Tomorrow maybe I'll mount the gas pedal assy from a 240sx....

The rack is from a 92 celica (not sure of the year but it was that bodystyle). The rack did need some mods: It is not shortened but we did have to "clock" the piece where the PS lines go into.. see pics where we welded another set of tabs to rotate the head so that the lines would clear the engine block. Custom mounts were also fabbed to mount it to the crossmember. The tie rods are stock Celica parts (inner and outer) just shortened to fit. It is a very tight setup that is approx. 2.6 turns lock to lock.

Thanks for the info on the rack, but what is the distance between the inner tie rod ends?. I'm hoping it's around 19".

Byron