Green 4 Door SR20

Bat Fastard

Thanks for the info on the rack, but what is the distance between the inner tie rod ends?. I'm hoping it's around 19".

Byron

Its not 19" it is right at 22" maybe a little less. Keep in mind I have not changed the LCA mounting points like others do. The pivot for the LCA and the inner tie rod are very close in width and height. Theres maybe 1/4" difference between the two. (left to right and up and down) With 4" of suspension travel (from ride height) there's no visible change in toe. I'm sure there is a little but I cant tell until it gets on an alignment machine. Maybe this time next year it'll be finished enough to do an alignment.

BF

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive used the turbo manifold you have on there (not favorable, but cheap). Be sure to reinforce the external wastegate flange and make sure all of the flanges are true. I took mine to a machine shop and had the flanges that mate to the head and the turbo milled flat. I had a few cracks thats needed to be welded after using the manifold, but overall once the manifold was heat cycled, rewelded, and milled it worked just fine. Just trying to save you a few headaches.

-Colton

Thanks for the heads up on the manifold. My little brother used one on his RB20 powered s-14 and it worked out perfect. My older brother on the other hand used one on his RB26 260z and it would not seal up for shit. Off it came and he resurfaced it with the cnc mill and all is well. I'll probally do the same thing to mine before we start it.

BF

Today I got all of the old sound dampening material out of the interior. Then a package came from Nostalgic air that had all of my a/c fittings, tubes etc. and me and my brother spent the rest of the day making some crazy ass looking a/c lines. I also had a little time to look at seat mounts and the front seats will be easy to mount. (30 min job)

BF

I got all of the A/C lines ran today. Bending the #10 lines was a bit of a challenge but it worked out great. The heater hoses should be pretty easy, just a couple od 90's and some "S" hoses from the local auto parts store and that will finish up the heating/cooling system.

The seats were mounted using the stock seat rails with minimal fab work. I still dont have a clue what to do about seat belts. Anyone have suggestions?

I did have a little fun this afternoon though. Me and my brother took his RB powered 260z and his GTR to the drag strip. The first time we got to run, my brother lit the top two lights and I eased up to light mine, then I stood on the brake pedal and hit the gas and it went over 3500 RPM. Instead of waiting for the green light I went ahead and let her rip. Its not easy for me to get the car to launch at over 3500 and most of the time it takes repeated attempts (no chance at cutting a good light). It ran an 11.36 at 122 MPH. So then I got called to the tower and was told I couldnt make any more full passes. I had to run over 11.5 to coutinue having fun.... WTF?

Yeah, NHRA makes you have a full cage if you're running under certain times.

The GTR has been to the strip before and it ran 11.70's. My brother changed the mid muffler/y-pipe and it was much quicker. Or maybe it was a good launch... I dont know. I've been in it before when he launched it at 4500 and it was the sweetest feeling..... all 4 huge tires hunting for traction and pulling like a freight train. Awesome car for sure!

A few updates on the Dime....

-got the turbo in a few days ago and was able to make the IC pipes and everything clears the AC and PS lines.

-The IC has had the ends sealed and new inlets and outlets welded in.

-Went to advance auto and found some crazy shaped rad. hoses and found two that fits. Radiator install will be finished when I make a top mount for it.

-made a shroud for the shifter so it can be sealed up with boot. (have yet to find a boot)

-fabbed a bracket to actuate the park lock while using a parking brake from a KIA I got from the JY.

-finished the brake lines and did a quick bleed on the calipers. The dime has brakes!!

Tomorrow I will start the exhaust and waste gate install. Should be fun!!!!!

BF

A few updates on the Dime....

-got the turbo in a few days ago and was able to make the IC pipes and everything clears the AC and PS lines.

-The IC has had the ends sealed and new inlets and outlets welded in.

-Went to advance auto and found some crazy shaped rad. hoses and found two that fits. Radiator install will be finished when I make a top mount for it.

-made a shroud for the shifter so it can be sealed up with boot. (have yet to find a boot)

-fabbed a bracket to actuate the park lock while using a parking brake from a KIA I got from the JY.

-finished the brake lines and did a quick bleed on the calipers. The dime has brakes!!

Tomorrow I will start the exhaust and waste gate install. Should be fun!!!!!

BF

What hoses did you use for your radiator, do you have part #'s? I hunted forever trying to find hoses, and I ended up having to cut and piece a few together to get something to fit.

project is looking great!!

ben

hey thanks. i'm looking at one to purchase and its the same color, i think. Its a 72 as well and its the original light green gray. how does it look in person, are you going to keep it original>?

Well, to tell you the truth, the color has grown on me since I first got it. A lot of people have seen the car and almost everyone loves it. They say that it is perfect for the cars look and character. I will be repainting it though. I hope to be able to drive it in a few weeks to sort all of the mechanical stuff. After that its getting completely disassembled for a new paint job inside and out. As of now, I have no idea what the color it is going to be....

BF