Do you catch yourself doing this...?!??

mellotrongirl

Parking your Datsun next to another Datsun when you see an empty space next to it when you go to the store, mall, downtown, or wherever? Kinda like you hope they would talk to each other and drum up a lively conversation while you're off shopping...

I did that with my Honda once...purposely parked it next to another exactly like it...and some lady tried to open the door with her key...sheesh...she could have accidently (or accidently on purpose) driven away with it if her ignition key worked.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol my dad does it with his bmw

i was at the mall aracade it doesnt close till like 4 am i was there at 10pm i called my dad to show up

he was parked right next to the exact same bmw exactly the same tnted windows and everything i went up to the wrong one i was like wait...then my dad honked at me >.<

i would if there were datsuns around. i mean i see z's but who cares. i have a z those things are a dime a dozen around here. but other than z's there are probably a total of 10 datsuns in town i see like one a month and usually they are parked in a field. i would have to go offroading to park next to one of them. :D

...there are probably a total of 10 datsuns in town i see like one a month and usually they are parked in a field. i would have to go offroading to park next to one of them. :D

Hahaha!! It's like all the running Datsun trucks in my town read the local obituary column. They all fear this one mortician nicknamed "The Crusher" and the crematorium (smelter) down the railroad tracks a few miles. On the other hand, they don't seem to mind that their owners are graverobbers for spare parts.

The trick is to find another Datsun in a parking lot that would make good breeding stock. An NL320 and a PL320 having some nice 720 offspring. 820's would be the new generation from the Tundra or Tacoma or out on the Frontier...some place like that....

Edited by mellotrongirl
sometimes. but i havent driven a Datsun in almost 3 weeks. both mine are down. one being parted and the other is wating for parts. i tend to do it with Jeeps and yotas now. and sometimes VWs.

Don't do it with the VW's dude. We don't want them talking.... They tend to give up on life after.

OH and Jeeps don't talk.... They're a little slow...

Heck YES! I do this all the time! IF....I see a Datsun, and it happens to be parked somewhere...with an empty spot next to it...I'm all up in that spot!

Also...older trucks....other imports....old cool cars.......:D

Or, I pull in really close to a planter box on my side so that the other side has a ton of space next to it...so that people don't ding the crap out of my truck.:blink:

Yeah...those VW guys....can't trust em...."Shifty eyes"....:lol:

Very funny Bart!

and some lady tried to open the door with her key...sheesh...she could have accidently (or accidently on purpose) driven away with it if her ignition key worked.

never done that :o

and i did get in(toyota p/u)... but realized before i tried the ignition that it wasnt mine :lol:

the real owner and i :lol: about it

No, I just find the nicest car in the parking lot and park my dented 620 right next to it. :D

In fact, I wrote this back when I got my first D21 pickup in college:

Ode to a SOHC KA truck. (Eleanor)

How many times have we brushed with death?

I feel an urge to rally; I take in a deep breath.

Get in the truck, sit down, turn the key.

The engine roars to life and the truck rattles freely.

I ignore the rattles; stomp the gas.

The engine sounds fine, the KA will rev to the last.

The throttle body gate flaps it's wings.

The tires flap accordingly as the rubber sings.

Crank the stereo; it's Megadeath.

Roll next to a pseudo homie, my system is best.

He seems cranky as he looks my way.

We race off the line; his little purple Saturn pays.

Out of town, cruising on the highway,

Turn off at Winona, Grand Falls road is where I play.

Running dirt road at seventy-five,

All four wheels off the ground, and sliding side to side.

Rallying done, I head to the mall.

Fifty thousand dollar sport-ute is in the next stall.

I park my dented two wheel drive

Hoity toity schmucks hate me; I devalue their ride.

Nightfall comes, I'm ready to go home.

Down sixty-six toward fourth street, the last stoplights to roam.

No one wants to race, but that's okay.

Eleanor and I, know tomorrow's another day.

Only about 6 Dattos in a 50 mile radius of me, two of which are in decent enough shape to be driven anywhere.

I have had a 350Z driver play catch up with me on the freeway though.

Oh, and I do like to wave to other RWD imports too (even had a last gen Supra driver give me a wave back once).