Knobs

SRSANDS

Hey guys, Can anyone show me a pick of their 69-73 510 wiper and headlight knobs. Im trying to get the wiper knob from Nicoya and he has about 12 different ones. Ive grabbed a couple of the green ones from the PAP and they dont work so I need to see what it looks like.....is it black and white, or green. Any info would help

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'68 and '69 had knobs with letters on them.

'70 and on used international icons or a picture of a headlight on it.

'71-'72 went back to the lettering on the headlight knob.

'73 The headlight knob has a green center and rubber surround and is back lit by a fiber optic cable and dimmed with the dash lights.

• 4 months later...

'68 and '69 had knobs with letters on them.

'70 and on used international icons or a picture of a headlight on it.

'71-'72 went back to the lettering on the headlight knob.

'73 The headlight knob has a green center and rubber surround and is back lit by a fiber optic cable and dimmed with the dash lights.

He wants 40,00$ for the pair.Maybe it was wrong of me but I bashed him,thats freakin rediculous.

depending on WHO, you may need to apologize... :(

the local JY was gonna charge me $35 for (green = fiber optic lit) a stock HL switch.

unfortunately, it fell in my pocket on the way back to hide it.

the knobs should all interchange.

push - twist, locked

• 3 months later...

I should apologize,to someone who wants to sell 2 knobs for 40.00$ I thought this community was to help each other,not over inflate the prices of items. I realize the fact anyone can ask any price for anything,but to me that speaks volumes about someones character?

• Like 2

I should apologize,to someone who wants to sell 2 knobs for 40.00$ I thought this community was to help each other,not over inflate the prices of items. I realize the fact anyone can ask any price for anything,but to me that speaks volumes about someones character?

X2

X3

If you get the ones that light up youre going to need to make sure that the fiberoptic wire is complete and not cracked or broken between the two switches or else you will just have green knobs with no light. They have to be removed as a pair with the wiring intact... its kind of a bitch to get them out in one piece. The black knobs that are the same size and shape as the lighted ones are damn near identical other than the light feature so if the green ones dont work for you then they probably wouldnt either. If you want this style, Id just about bet money that you could snag some compatible switches and knobs out of a 620 and theyd work. I think its post 74 that had the lighted option.

As far as switches go, on my 72 goon I have the black ribbed knobs with white pictoral markings i.e. headlight pic for the headlights, wiper pic for the wipers... they are like the ones in the second pic from Indy510 (2nd post this thread) I found a matching cig lighter out of a 521 at the yard and its a perfect match. I might have lucked out on that one because the rest of the knobs on the 521 were the small smooth sided ones.

Hey guys, Can anyone show me a pick of their 69-73 510 wiper and headlight knobs. Im trying to get the wiper knob from Nicoya and he has about 12 different ones. Ive grabbed a couple of the green ones from the PAP and they dont work so I need to see what it looks like.....is it black and white, or green. Any info would help

I believe Datzenmike is correct on the years and color of the knobs.

I bought one last year from the Nissan dealer, only a few bucks.

The black ones are up to '72, the green ones are lighted for '73 and up.

620s uses the same knobs as Datsun B210 and Datsun 1200.

610s and 710s also use the fiber optic back-lit green face knobs. I HATE green, and I wanted to go for blue (to match the rest of my lights). Bought the international symbol non-backlit knobs. Liked them until the night time, out they went. I ended up opting for the knobs from (I know, I know), a Mid-70s Toyota Corona. Had to do some fine Dremel work to the switches, but the knobs are fiberoptic, have just 'LIGHTS' and 'WIPE WASH' in big bold White letters on a Black Background (actually matches the heater control font) and they glow blue from the lights I have behind them.

I don't think asking $20 bucks each for clean working switches is outrageous especially for a 30+ old vehicle. Try owning a Mazda Rotary or 1st Gen D50 pickup. Datsuns mass produced and flooded the market like no other. You should be happy they did as parts are somewhat plentiful. Those other trucks mentioned are hard to find and everything is priced high when you do find them.

For fun go to your Seattle, Portland or LA's craiglist and type in Datsun under auto parts. Pretty good results right? Now try Mazda Rotary or Dodge D50......good luck! You will get maybe 5 listings if your lucky.

I don't think asking $20 bucks each for clean working switches is outrageous especially for a 30+ old vehicle. Try owning a Mazda Rotary or 1st Gen D50 pickup. Datsuns mass produced and flooded the market like no other. You should be happy they did as parts are somewhat plentiful. Those other trucks mentioned are hard to find and everything is priced high when you do find them.

For fun go to your Seattle, Portland or LA's craiglist and type in Datsun under auto parts. Pretty good results right? Now try Mazda Rotary or Dodge D50......good luck! You will get maybe 5 listings if your lucky.

I know where about 15 or so REPU's sit in oregon.... Can get parts all day long, they are all complete too. Non running of course, 650 with title. sorry for thread jack, plz continue crying over knob prices :)

• Like 1

I know where about 15 or so REPU's sit in oregon.... Can get parts all day long, they are all complete too. Non running of course, 650 with title. sorry for thread jack, plz continue crying over knob prices :)

hahaha...yeah..sometimes you get lucky. I scour craiglist all the time. When I was hunting for my 620 there were no good trucks to be found and then they started popping up all over. No one can predict craigslist. When I was hunting for my turn signal assembly, I got lucky with a guy in Oregon. After I bought it, 3 popped up in WA. I was so desperate I called Baxter Auto Parts and they said they could get one sent to me for $189 bucks. I think I actually did laugh at the guy and hang up. I paid $75 for a good one used. The harder it is to find the more expensive it gets. Oh well...quality used parts are sometimes a bitch to find...$40 for 2 switches is still fair IMO.

• 4 months later...

hahaha...yeah..sometimes you get lucky. I scour craiglist all the time. When I was hunting for my 620 there were no good trucks to be found and then they started popping up all over. No one can predict craigslist. When I was hunting for my turn signal assembly, I got lucky with a guy in Oregon.[/u] After I bought it, 3 popped up in WA. I was so desperate I called Baxter Auto Parts and they said they could get one sent to me for $189 bucks. I think I actually did laugh at the guy and hang up. I paid $75 for a good one used. The harder it is to find the more expensive it gets. Oh well...quality used parts are sometimes a bitch to find...$40 for 2 switches is still fair IMO.

You got lucky with a guy from oregon? Just kidding I could'nt resist!