exhaust sounds

what muffler should i go with on my l20b  

1 member has voted

1. 1. what muffler should i go with on my l20b

• flowmaster
    • magnaflow
    • other(please specify)

ok guys im not sure what muffler to run i have heard what a flowmaster sounds like on an l20b now i wanna hear what a magnaflow sounds like im going to be running 2 1/4 so it needs to be on a car with at least 2 inch piping post the vids up please

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Borla mufflers on my 521 and 510. The 521 has an L16,cast mani and 2 1/4" pipe and it sounds way better than the 510 with l20b,header and 2" pipe. Magnaflows are basically the same. I think a wide bodied one tucked away with some pipe behind it sounds better than just a can on the very end. Thats why I put a cherry bomb half way down on my 510,but now I wish I had 2 1/4" like the truck.. so yeah,2 1/4" magnaflow or borla...Turbo mufflers sound great with a glass pack ahead of them too though.v8y I worked at a muffler shop for 6 months last year and it was fun..

I think Magnaflow muffler is the way to go, gives you that mellow sound unlike the Flowmaster, I also think that anything over 2" pipe is overkill, but then again depends what you are running, if its a L series motor, 2" is fine:)

I have run 2" strait back from the headers and then put the original muffler on just for a noise fix but I got bored and had a 22" stainless in-line glasspack lying around.... Threw it on the very end to replace the old muff and test welded it on, LOVE IT! It sounds great not too loud. whats kinda cool though if you let off the gas around 3k rpm and let the engine slow the car down it bit it gets low and growly ;) but normal driving it sounds perfect. I'm going to get a nicer looking stainless tip and weld that onto the end to clean it up a bit... I'll post a vid once it uploads.

I have a flowmaster 40 on my 620 with 2-1/4" and it is too fuckin loud:eek:

It sounds bad-ass but is too fuckin loud!:eek:

I have a big cam and it lets the motor breathe and has great torque both low and hi but is way too fuckin loud:eek:

Did I mention that it is way too fuckin loud:fu:

ive got 2 inch straight pipe to a 2 1/2 inch pipe to a turbo motor on my l20b... dont ask why it goes from 2 to 2 1/2.. exhaust guy felt the need to do that. its nice and quiet and mellow sounding. too quiet for me! once i get the ka im going straight pipe to a glass pack to more straight pipe boso style:cool: i like being obnoxious