Phil's 510 2 door. The tranny 68

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool collection of parts phil....i like dim shinny pistons,...looks like il be in the n/a club myself...lol il just hang wit the L guys...lol

An l motor is like a single cams grandfather . A collection it will stay. Got laid off. Unemployment here I come!!!. Thanks guys I dig my dimes look but after seeing Jeffs gobstopper I want paint.

An l motor is like a single cams grandfather . A collection it will stay. Got laid off. Unemployment here I come!!!. Thanks guys I dig my dimes look but after seeing Jeffs gobstopper I want paint.

that a pretty nice way of puttn it....lol....i just call um slow turds....and what i been sayin bout paint...

Por15 looks sweet, I will have to do my 620 after seeing that.

Stuff works! Won't chip by hamering on it.

Don't worry guys. I have to hone my body work skills on a spare fender and hood. Will be same blue.

hey phil, is that the $5 do it in a datsun frame that was on craigslist??

No buddy. Me and Corey did some trading. Both got a good deal. You should have jump on it. Wonder who got it? Was it a repro

No buddy. Me and Corey did some trading. Both got a good deal. You should have jump on it. Wonder who got it? Was it a repro

i was supposed to go get the one on cl in the morning. but it says "deleted by author" now. i dont know if it was a repro, it looked old and haggard though. would've matched the rest of my car!

the intercooler mock up turned out great. cast 90's on the way. corey hooked it up with a nice clarion head unit. had a lame dual. night and day between the two. me and jeremy ventured in to the unknown. i mean a ka transmission. took the front case off but thats as far as i got. tomorrow stuff is going in the parts washer. the rebuild kit is on its way. but i think its just bearings. the syncros looked fine. ill take pics of those tomorrow. maybe someone can chime in and say yay or nay? its my first time inside a transmission. everything looked clean. no chunks missing or metallic stuff at the bottom. some pics of my never ending project. my whole family hates it.

a9810ee9.jpg

5bb5295b.jpg

31da1087.jpg

what happend with the old head unit? got pics of it? my sony in the car is on its way out and if your willing to let the old one go for cheap.....

Sorry bud. It's my moms. Just borrowed it while I found one I can live with. Not looking forward to work on the grand am.

ya well when they need a ride or there shit breaks down we will see who they turn to.....ya thats right the guy wit da 40 year old car....

phil was i right about that stereo being completely differnt or what....its like a new system huh.....720 color possibiltys.....

life has got in the way of my 510 build. lately ive just been driving it. i just love how stout this ka has been to me. but both engine and tranny are showing some age. im rebuilding an engine and tranny. im not in over my head just overwhelmed. these things take time,money,and alot of patience. i just dont have any of those at the moment. hopefully the motor set last me until i have both projects done. just got a job after beeing layed off for about three weeks. i dont get the guys who have been unemployed for a while. unemployment sucks. and the offices suck even more. i dont think im going back there. havent even gotten my first umemployment check. that system is doomed. but ill have a a lttle more cash flow to work on it some more.

a while back i got ahold of a kade tranny for cheap. i knew something was up. but i didnt care. im not about to build an engine with a weak tranny behind it period. the guy said it should be good. but i know better. tranny was bad but in great shape to rebuild. no chunks missing. thank god. so i took most of it apart. and scored some bearings on ebay. its not complicated just takes some specialized tools that i dont have. but i have access to.

89b0b007.jpg

7d8392f1.jpg

deac7a0a.jpg

f5777ea8.jpg

i got ahold of a moates chip burner. people in the ka community have posted tunes i can burn. it is a very old school way of tuning an ecu. but should work great for me. its just a hassle to have to burn a chip every time i change something. eventually im getting nistune. i can make some money back selling this stuff and the safc.

0c80543a.jpg

i got my cast 90's for the intercooler. but i dont think its going to work like i planned. the tanks will have to be modified some to get the 27" to go inbetween the frame.

a346a957.jpg

so do you have to modifey the ecu to do the chipping process...like have it socketted ....or does it just burn /overide a chip all ready in the ecu....that way cool you can chip your own ecu...can you reburn a chip or do you have to use a new one each time.....i give ya props on your build....no shortcut....you are the poster dimer for the saying do it right the first time ....thx cause from being around you that is how i totally fell.....get that tranny done son...lol

Corey hooked me up with this sweet Datsun walnut shift knob.

90c571d2.jpg

I've seen this ignition switch ring years ago and wanted it. Refresh had one for sale so I had to have it!

1d5eacbc.jpg

a85b9f15.jpg

90ac70c8.jpg

I also lowered my column. Now I can lay back and cruise like a gangster.