Mesh-71

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just pinned down an exhaust manifold leak. I'm pretty sure that's been the source of the exhaust/gas odor that's always billowed into the cabin. ha. Did the old soapy water trick and saw it bubbling at the manifold/head surface.

Pro-tip: do the soapy water trick when the engine is cold. If it's hot, the exhaust manifold is simply going to boil the soapy water, so you're not going to be able to tell as definitively that you have a leak there.

Looks like I'll be taking off the header and getting it surfaced. While the manifolds are off, this might be a good time to start my EFI project...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest 510kamikazifreak

That could be true. My wagon was made 12/70, and came with an extra speedometer cluster with the white needles. So that could be. I painted my needles red, on the white background.

Sure wish there was a real way of finding out

Took my steering wheel all apart and painted it, got tired of looking at peeling old "silver" paint.

Before

2011-11-01_13-16-24_319.jpg

After

2011-11-01_15-44-38_559.jpg

Its different, but i like it, that pink was just laying around on the paint shelf in the shop, have no clue were it came from. It'll make people go "what the fuck" and thats why i did it.

:lol: :lol: this is mine.. my dime is blue

DSC05832.jpg

Thanks, I used Dupli-color Vinyl and Fabric spray

img5110r.jpg

That's what I used on my seats and it worked great. I cleaned the vinyl up really well, then used some of those alcohol pads to do a final wipe down of it. Let it completely dry and sprayed them. That stuff does stink but I assume that's from the solvents in it. It doesn't stink after it dries! :)