• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have a ZZ4 350 SBC in my 240z!!

:D

2irw4d5.jpg

oqk6c3.jpg

The ride home was interesting to say the least! I now have a rebuildable engine. The block casting # is: 10243880...350...95-00...2 or 4...Vortec truck, Gen.I crate motors and "ZZ4", roller cam, one piece rear seal. The block was not in the weather very long... The rust in the cylinder walls is just surface rust.

I can use either a roller cam or a flat tappet with this motor! :)

here are better pics of my loot.

"swirly" heads casting # 14102193 They need some work, but I think they will be good for parts or trade for 305 heads.

25qdaaa.jpg

16hqngw.jpg

rar9yb.jpg

ZZ4, one peice rear main seal, 2 bolt main, 350 sbc casting# 10243880...complete bottom end. :)

2j1qsuu.jpg

eb65gk.jpg

28w19jb.jpg

ng3bko.jpg

14kctgz.jpg

vpfdlj.jpg

The bearings are in good shape! And the rods are weird looking....no marings on them at all. I am assuming they are just stock rods.

2ppm3i1.jpg

34j8yv7.jpg

10z7q5j.jpg

2lb2b9g.jpg

bey4uc.jpg

21ccx8j.jpg

2ldo8x.jpg

I like your workbench.

Props to you man, tearing down a smallblock in the back of your Z. I don't think it gets much more RATSUN than that. Looks like you've got some good guts to start with. I'll be curious to see what your total cost on the engine refurb is going to be...

Are you planning to run a TH350 or a 700R?

I like your workbench.

Props to you man, tearing down a smallblock in the back of your Z. I don't think it gets much more RATSUN than that. Looks like you've got some good guts to start with. I'll be curious to see what your total cost on the engine refurb is going to be...

Are you planning to run a TH350 or a 700R?

Thanks! I am working on getting a 4spd...but if that don't work out then I will do the TH350. My radiator is a 4 core and has the auto cooler ports.

:D we gonna have a V8 vs. skib's mystery build next season? :cool:

We will see.... :D

if your going to beat on that 350 you better stud those two bolt mains if you want it to last a long time

Ever ridden in a 350 powered Z?

ZZ4 in stock trim = 355HP

L24 w/dual SU's = 150HP

Anyone know the dry weight of a 240? Even if the 350 increases overall weight by 250#, the HP to weight ratio has more than doubled.

Not sure what the ultimate plans are for the car, but for a driver the 2 bolt mains are fine. There are thousands of them on the road right now, and they are pushing a lot more weight than this Z. Bet there are several in the local bracket races, too.

If it's going to the track to run 11's, then now's the time to stud the main caps.

Not trying to be argumentative, but the 2 bolt vs. 4 bolt main discussion can go on forever. I say, build it, and put it in.

I blew my head gasket last week.....so Chey and I went to work on pulling the motor apart. These are the best daddy and daughter dates ever!!

Gettin ready to tear it apart..

wv1i8n.jpg

2rdgq3s.jpg

Look who finally decided to show up. :lmao:

I left for a minute to get my light and she had pulled the hood off...suprised the heck out of me!! :shock:

skzsps.jpg

Working of the header/intake bolts...I am glad she has small fingers.

21ndwz8.jpg

Last nut!! She was very happy!! :mrgreen:

5vorhg.jpg

Now that's a happy girl. :)

11ca6tx.jpg

Pics of the block and pistons. I noticed the pistons have "0.5MM" on them...I don't know why. There are still hash marks on the cylinder walls.

2w3tlhu.jpg

2ednymu.jpg

2lbides.jpg

She is way too pleasedwith herself!!

2gvoewx.jpg

on the head I noticed .006 I wonder if this head has been shaved??

2vxkbj7.jpg

You can see where the gasket was leaking....

1zbxgnl.jpg

hvqs1f.jpg

I now have the head completely torn down and ready for the shop.... :mrgreen:

2mcyp2p.jpg

osa2bt.jpg

Edited by Phlebmaster