Dont come around much anymore BUT...

tangent

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have trouble believing he isn't just a troll. Stupidity is self limiting... anyone that fucking stupid would have killed himself before his fifth birthday let alone be able to pass a drivers test. So I say BS!

I have NEVER heard of putting atx fluid in a cylinder.....anyone else?

Never, but it's just oil with friction modifiers and LOTS of detergent. Wouldn't hurt anything, would smoke and may foul the plug. Our Ford van was sucking auto tranny fluid into the motor through a bad valve. The oil level kept rising as we kept topping the tranny every week. By the time we had it fixed it was 2-3 quarts over full. Some would have got into the cylinders for sure but when fixed and the oil changed it ran fine. How it got into the motor? maybe suction from the intake and run down past the rings? It didn't smoke so I don't know.

Edited by datzenmike

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

I have trouble believing he isn't just a troll. Stupidity is self limiting... anyone that fucking stupid would have killed himself before his fifth birthday let alone be able to pass a drivers test. So I say BS!

I think you underestimate the ignorance and stupidity of some people.:lol:

http://badquestionsforyahooanswers.blogspot.com/

4. Noun

A joke disguised as an outrageously stupid statement or question, intended to trap people into believing it is serious.

Here's another epic troll: http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/nondatsun/retardedturboidea.jpg[/img]"]retardedturboidea.jpg

This guy proposed that this method of forced injection was better and eliminated the turbo. Idiots wrote pages of explinations why it wouldn't work. Christ who's stupider?

Heck yes. Pull the plug...squirt a little Marvel Mystery Oil in there and slap it all back together...fire it up...watch it smoke like 3mile island and then drive it till it quits smokin.

ATF does a similar thing. Been used for years by real-life people just tryin to get a little more life out of their rigs...and by serious engine builder types alike.

Also...on older carb equipped rigs with loads of miles and some upperend noise starting...or wont pass smog test...OPen throttle up while running with airfilter off..hold throttle about 1/2-3/4 and quickly pour a small amount of water into carb (face out of the way of possible backfire:) use throttle to keep engine alive while NOT pouring water for a while then repeat a few times.

The stuff that comes out of the tailpipe is insane! SO MUCH CRAP COMES OUT!! I HAVE used brake fluid in this way as well and very successfully.

Cars have passed smog, ran better, better mileage and sounded better too...after all the steam and smoke stops.:blink:

Some of the old-timer tricks really do work. :cool:

Dude i feel bad for the poor kid ...tryin to help himself in a down economy and instead stimulated the auto tech industry. still some should give the guy a break.....the first f5-6 pages were good but as it went on the dumb punchlines became redudandt and repetitive. although the "why didnt the brake fluid stop the problem" one made me laugh....and waldo your not that bad......

Wow, long time since i seen a post from you Tangent. Are you flying out for Canby again.

2eDeYe;165559'']Hi Tangent, good to see you still kickin around. Anything new on the datto? :D

Sold the 68, but the owner is still around on the Forums.. Dont think I will be making it to Canby this year, hope to hit the PAC NW again in the years to come... I still have the 71 in the back yard if I ever get the "ITCH" again, but Im rolling a Land Rover Discovery now, so I slum around in their forums now..

http://landroverforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

PANCHO is my handle there..

I do still have a set of the impossible to find front bearings for the 521's

the 32KB02's they are as rare as hens teeth.. I could be convinced to part with them if someone has a catastrophic event..

Back in the day when I used to do major engine work if I had an engine to rebuild I would add a butt load of ATF and drive it around for a couple of hours. When I opened up the engine it would be way cleaner on the inside. It may not sound like much but it sure makes tear down a whole lot nicer.

• 4 months later...
At my work, we used to pour ATF into engines all the time. Is that what you meant (Automatic Transmission Fluid)? It was to help lubricate the cylinder walls and valve guides for the engines sitting on the shelf.
I'm so glad I don't drive a dumbestic. :) (pun intended) I do like the DEI diagram though, that had me rolling! :D

i really hate to say that i do..........until the 521 is done.:( no way i have the money and LACK OF SENSE to do some stupid shit like that to it be nice if i had those cars so i could sell them for money to get the 521 on the road