Disc Brake kits 521/520/320/620

okay...here's some pics to go with the above comment. The hub looks shiny because it is a HB hub that's been cut to fit the stock 320/521 rims. First few pics are simply the used parts mounted up with the current bracket. The wheels are a 320(narrower rim with rivets) and a 520/521 rim(welded). With the used pads(1/2 left) there's about an 1/8" of clearance to both rims. New pads would push the caliper further in toward the rim, causing a bit of a clearance issue. It was reported by Charlie69 that the stock rims hit. I don't have a set of new pads on hand right now, but I'll try to pick a set up and check fit with a wheel spacer.

100_0662.jpg

100_0663.jpg

100_0664.jpg

100_0665.jpg

100_0666.jpg

100_0667.jpg

100_0668.jpg

100_0672.jpg

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ok Mike I am glad you figured it out. What you are saying makes sense, I was using new pads & new rotors with used 1980 720 hubs & 1985 720 used calipers. The 1980 hubs did not need to be turned to fit the center holes of the older rims.

What are these for in the red rectangle?

MKlotzBracketsnoted.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My pm box is getting full....mainly from trying to hang onto pm's from guys that have asked about brake kits. Since the vast majority of them have been notified and not responded....(some are transactions that are already finished)....I'm going to clean out my pm box and start fresh. I've got a handful of things that I want to do this next year and brake kits are not on the list so I'd like to get these sold so I can get out of them.

If you have an interest in brakes....check out the first post and the install links, then pm me. Thanks.

My pm box is getting full....mainly from trying to hang onto pm's from guys that have asked about brake kits. Since the vast majority of them have been notified and not responded....(some are transactions that are already finished)....I'm going to clean out my pm box and start fresh. I've got a handful of things that I want to do this next year and brake kits are not on the list so I'd like to get these sold so I can get out of them.

If you have an interest in brakes....check out the first post and the install links, then pm me. Thanks.

I am just going to throw in my $.02 here..... if you are looking for the best quality disc brake brackets out there, you need to get these from Mike before he stops producing them. I have another kit on my truck and had to basically re-build them to get them to fit and work correctly. I have seen Mikes brackets both up close and personal in his shop, and in use on a few vehicles. Hindsight is 20/20 with most things in life, and you definitely will not be saving any money by not getting these, only buying yourself some frustration.

Good luck with selling these Mike. I appreciate the hard work, time and dedication you have put in making these. I am sad to see you are moving on from continuing to produce these for the time being, but hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thank you so much Bill. :)

I'll think I'll work on stuff that I at least, have a use for. I have a bunch of 1200 and I've figured out the roadster stuff....and I don't have either. I enjoyed figuring them out, I just shouldn't bother going into production until I have prepaid orders :)

• 1 month later...

I've got two sets of hubs to go with brake kits. I picked up a couple of extra so that the guys that are east of the Rockies(no donor parts available) would be able to use these kits. I've sold a handful of hubs with kits over the last couple of years. You get the hubs, complete with whatever bearings, caps, lugs, dirt, grease that they come from the yard with. If shipped with a kit, the total for the kit and hubs is $345. If shipped separately, adds another $10.

I can promise these two sets of hubs because I have them on hand right now. I can't promise that I can get any more later....all depends on the availability in the yards.

I've got two sets of hubs to go with brake kits. I picked up a couple of extra so that the guys that are east of the Rockies(no donor parts available) would be able to use these kits. I've sold a handful of hubs with kits over the last couple of years. You get the hubs, complete with whatever bearings, caps, lugs, dirt, grease that they come from the yard with. If shipped with a kit, the total for the kit and hubs is $345. If shipped separately, adds another $10.

I can promise these two sets of hubs because I have them on hand right now. I can't promise that I can get any more later....all depends on the availability in the yards.

You keep making it easier and easier, your awesome Mike.

Thanks Wayne, but the reality is that I'm mainly doing it to try to get this last batch sold so I can get some of my car money back.......so I can do something else :) I'm pretty limited on building new stuff if I can't sell the old. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure Beebani has sold close to 3x's as many as I have....so I may only be a prince :)

I figured out the Isuzu trooper stuff(I think the original idea was Bleach's, but I proved it)......but I've never gotten around to doing a bracket for them. I've got several guys waiting for me to do it and after a phone call I got today....I just might look into it soon. :) For me, the biggest advantage of rear disc brakes would be pedal feel and maintenance......if performance were the issue, I probably wouldn't even bother.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got 6 of these kits available.

As a little bonus, these last 6 will include new metric lug nuts. Probably something I should have thought to do from the start. I just always figured the hubs would have the lugs from the s/y....but the last several hubs I bought didn't....so it finally dawned on me that other people's probably didn't either. Anyway....

I was wondering since the pics worked just fine for me when I posted. All on my pics(nearly 6000) are on Photobucket, so if you were at work, they may have a photobucket filter....I know I can't see pics at my work. I'm at work now, but I use my cell as the net connection. On my site, the pics are resident on the weebly servers.

Mike, I just took a peek at your bluehands site and it looks great. If you decide to add a "testimonials" tab, I (and I'm sure many others) would be glad to give you a great review. Your kits are top notch and I tell anyone who'll listen. Thanks again for your service to the hobby.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.