Frank Jeff 510 they worked on

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can frank and jeff expect a $500 check in the mail?

Hainz, you right. No one heeds free advice because it cost them nothing so it's worth nothing. Same with free parts and labor, no one cares about them later because they have no investment in it. Frank and Jeff worked on this car? Probably for the love of doing it. (bless them) Still, to others... gotta sting a bit. Maybe economic down turn forces sale??? Shit happens and I doubt anyone would want to part with it purely for, (ugh) money!

Edited by datzenmike

Datzen Mike its not a big deal,

I just see some people get them ,All Gung Ho then 6mons -1yr later its sold.

I did email him and said 2500$ Im sure he will get more IF he waits.Got to hold out for the next Gung Ho guy to take his money!!!

Maybe he lost his Job.?

If yes , I can cancell work on the BANZAI Car

Be honest the car is a cool car,I like it

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

yea i was thinking about offering him a decent amount for it also but i was kinda leary as i didnt know if it was a known 510 or not . now that i know you guys know about it so it must be a decent swapped car i might have to think harder on getting it .well if you get it for 2500 that would be a deal good luck

Dude that car is nice!!! We went through everything to get it back on the road!! Well it could use some fancy suspension bits but other than that it's a decent car. I remember laying under it fixing the ebrake because his parents would let him buy it unless it had a working ebrake...... I did drive it once though :D

the new 510 guys never keep them long.

One reason I dont like parting and giving parts away free.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1080088935.html

This makes me a very saaaad Pan-da. :( Shit, after all that work, wtf? Just drive it and enjoy. Though I personally don't like rising sun hoods much, but eh, to each his own.

I just figure most kinds don't take the cars they buy to the next level. Doing some suspension work makes 510's a blast to drive, I'm sure it still has all the wore our ball joints, no swap bar and old school springs (ST if I remember correctly) If the kid upgraded a few parts here and there he would see the real potential of his car. Instead it still probably drives like an old truck.

I don't know too much about the situation but my take is that if you guys are looking for the "greater good" the car would be better off out of the hands of a high-school kid. A newer and more disposable tuner car would probably suit his or her needs and safety better anyhow.

I was a poor kid from a poor family and it still makes me cringe when high school kids wreck cool modified cars that they didn't actually build or work to pay for.

If you have invested a lot of time and effort and money that you had to work for into something you generally enjoy it more than you would something that came easy to you.

what i am saying is if you dont putt in he wrench time you dont appreciate it as much

Yeah I totally agree with that! MMMHHHH wrenching, I enjoy it more than driving :D

When I got my SAS finished and was fairly sure the brakes worked I fired it up and cruised the neighborhood. I was grinnin' so bad I could hardly see out the window. Seemed like everyone was lookin' and pointing at me. :lol: