Anyone still run 13in wheels?

Gensaiken

Wondering for those who run 13in wheels what kind of tires you are getting?

I need sort of an all season but want a sort of small side wall. Unfortunately all I can find are pizza cutter tires or tires that have been on the shelf for 10 years!

I'm familiar with sumitomo tires, and they have some good sizes but I need sort of an all season tire since I do get some snow a few times a year.

Just hard to find these good sizes for the 13's now. Especially from these local tire stores.

Anyways let me know what you guys are running. I'd hate to have to sell these wheels but at the moment it looks like a 14in is the way to go if I want to find some decent tires.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my 13's, lol, even though people make fun of me. I run Yokohama 185/60's or 205/60's, depending on what I feel like. They are great in the rain, but I don't think they would be very good in the snow, lol. Why not just mount up some basic junkyard tires and wheels for the winter and run nice wheels and tires all summer. That's what I used to do.

I usually buy mine from Tire rack also.

I love my 13's, lol, even though people make fun of me. I run Yokohama 185/60's or 205/60's, depending on what I feel like. They are great in the rain, but I don't think they would be very good in the snow, lol. Why not just mount up some basic junkyard tires and wheels for the winter and run nice wheels and tires all summer. That's what I used to do.

I usually buy mine from Tire rack also.

That is what i've been considering. I just wish I had a cool set of wheels to run during the winter. ;)

Where did you get those yokohamas? All I can find on tire rack in those sizes is sumitomos.

In order to keep the speedometer near the correct calibration I use 175x80R13 tires from Remington. Probably made by Uniroyal and sold through independents. The original bias ply tires were "85" profile, so the 175 width in 80 profile comes very close to correct sidewall height. In a pinch I think 700R13 snow tire or all season tread would be good. I ran 700R13 studded snow tires on my 411 while I lived in Montana. Sure made the sparks fly when climbing up an elevated exit ramp from parking lots. My kids loved the "light show".

i had a time tracking down 205/60/13, from anyone.

finally found the yoko's from the local tire shop... by special order. :thumbup:

they had a fresh 'born on' date too :D

Can they get 2055013?

I have Advan SA3 and didn't use them cause of tire availability

Guest jaimesix

There are 13 in tires available. I will run a set on my 710 ( after I finish work on my 610...) I ran a set on my B210. Depending on the width of your wheels, you can go wide or easy. My B210 set was 13X8 wheels, and the Sumitomo 215/50/13, which is still available, worked, looked and performed excellent.

You can get wilder and cooler sizes ( 245/45/13 , 225/50/13, etc ) in competition rubber. Competition tires last a long time, not as street tires, but years of life, at least 3 years, so that is plenty time and mileage.

On my 710 I will run 13X8 wheels and 215/50/13 tires, perhaps a second set of 245/45/13 on 13X10 will do as spare. With overfender flares a la BRE, any Datsun on wide 13s becomes not only a performance kart, but it looks awesome.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

13's rock! Running a 185-60 on my 13x7 Libres. Car handles very well too. Nuke- thanks for that tire site,saved it cause they have the size i want available 175-50-13 :cool: Gen- what rims would you possibly be selling?

Was considering sellin my Enkei 92's. They are great wheels and perfect for auto X.

• 2 weeks later...

My local salvage yards have lots of 1990s small Japanese stuff with real good 13's still on 'em. I'm paying $20 each (with rims even) and the yards are glad to see 'em go 'cuz they ain't selling parts off Suzuki Swifts and Toyota Corollas here in Chevy truck kun-try.

I'm wanting to move up to a set of some kind of "Z" 15s - hard to find here in Okie though. You guys in the Cali/PNW Ratsun mafia are spoiled with parts and pals :P.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i love my 13's and would like to know what they are. (make and model)

tires are 175/50/13 all my buddies say they are too small, but i like the old look to them.

cant get my pic to upload.

Edited by 510again
i love my 13's and would like to know what they are. (make and model)

tires are 175/50/13 all my buddies say they are too small, but i like the old look to them.

cant get my pic to upload.

Read through this link about posting pics

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=703

Then update your profile

Let's see those 13'' wheels