ATTN 27 guests currently browsing the forum:

Skib

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some 620 parts on craigslist and a bunch or other stuff too this last month. I got calls from all over the place, talked to lots of cool people, did some deals. Some them were total time wasters, so it goes... you know the drill.

I sold a pretty nice tailgate to a guy named Ricky that lives in Vancouver, Washington. When I get calls, one of the first things I ask is, are you on Ratsun? Ricky said he looks at it once in a while. It turned out that he has three 620s and has been into Datsuns for fifteen years. We started talking and got off onto motorcycles and racing. When he came to my shop to pick up the tailgate, we talked and talked about bikes and trucks. I don't know what to say he should be on here but I haven't seen him. :confused:

I got a call from a guy in Maui named Brian Santos. It didn't work out but it was great talking to him on the phone. He said, " For Christmas I bought a 79 King Cab Datsun from oregon and it should be here sometime next week. I was waiting to see the condition before I purchase anymore body parts. I will check back in a month to see if you still have the orange tailgate. If not I snooze I lose. Thanks again.

PS, I did check out the website Ratsun. Great hook up, thanks again. Brian"

I got a call from a guy in San Diego, can't remember his name now but turned him on to Ratsun and it blew his mind. I turned him on to Steriod because he was interested in an air dam.

Then I got a call from a guy in San Jose, Ca. We talked for a long time because I spent a lot of time in the South Bay. He said he was into 4wheelers and had an old Dodge Power Wagons and had one that was offered in one year called a Macho Wagon, but he had a 510 too I think. I think that his screen name on Ratsun in Mike Macho Wagon.

Mike told me this story about buying a cream puff of a 620 a month ago. He found it in Nevada on CL. It had the "Deluxe" badge on it, 80K original miles, every thing was in good condition and complete, no rust. He said it had all the original sales receipts, dealer brochures, warranty card from a dealer in Palo Alto. Get this, factory air!

The seller said that the tranny was stuck in gear so he had to tow it. When he got there, he opened the clutch slave, pumped the pedal and it came out of reverse. :lol: $600!! :fu::fu::fu:

One of my neighbors where I have my shop had a friend stop by to fab some stuff in his shop. I hear a fuckin' L motor start up outside and think somebody is swipin' my truck! :eek:

The friend is hauling material in a '78 620 long bed with some nice '70s style, like, 7" American Racing steelies. So I talk to the guy. He never heard of Ratsun. He just bought the truck for $800! :fu::fu:

I don't know... there are way more Ratsunistas out there that I ever imagined. Most of them seem to have a life... unlike some of you post whores. :D

I'm still wondering how I didnt find you guys for the last 2 years when I was looking for a club just like this. Still mad about it.

I don't post too much I think but I'm always lurking and will be at all the meets I can, Ratsun is my new family :D :fu:

come on, you know you want in....

edit: some of you members need to log in ;)

FYI: I normally cruise Ratsun from work, and routinely it gets blocked/locks up (I've bitched about this before). When that happens, the counter or whatever that shows me New Posts gets reset to zero. Drives me bugfuck.

Therefore, many times I'll go through Today's Posts as a Guest, and then decide to login or not.

ah man, I think you scared em away Skib w/ your avatar pic... only 18 guests now lol

Yeah, that, too, hehehehehehehehe.

Guys i am sorry to dissappoint but most of those guest are internet search engine bots looking for information. you know how you google ratsun information and a link from ratsun.net pulls up? well that is a "guest" internet search engine bot pulling information and the site recognizes them as an IP address and see's that they are not logged in and labels them as a guest.

some are real guests, but not that many. sorry to dissappoint

Guys i am sorry to dissappoint but most of those guest are internet search engine bots looking for information. you know how you google ratsun information and a link from ratsun.net pulls up? well that is a "guest" internet search engine bot pulling information and the site recognizes them as an IP address and see's that they are not logged in and labels them as a guest.

some are real guests, but not that many. sorry to disappoint

kelly-42.jpg

Always with the negative waves, man.... :D

WOW. That's all I can say to the duct tape lsd. On the subject of funny news, on the way to NAPA this morning, down at the Ash and 2nd intersection, there's a sign that says "Art is for everyone!" and there's a mural and a bunch of other stuff, but it's in a seedy area. Attempts to beautify Spokane, you know.

So I'm at the light, and someone has put and F in black marker on this, so now it says "Fart is for everyone!" Holy crap, I about died and missed the light laughing. :D