WagDatto

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going in the opposite direction with my shifter. ASAP

as short as possible :)

Well your car probably doesn't have issues with its doors shutting because of a big hammer in your wheel arch, either! Silly cars with their silly practicality!!

Got TWO MORE WHEELS done today! It's hot as balls out.. I was literally dripping sweat down at the rate of 1 drop per 2 seconds for a while... It was nuts!

Yesterday, I sanded with 1500grit only. The first wheel I did today, I started with 1500 and went to 2000grit. It's noticeably shinier than yesterday's. The second wheel, I started with 1000, then 1500, then 2000grit... It needs more polishing, but so far, it's WAY smoother than the other ones. The 1000grit took a lot more of the fine scratches and imperfections out of the dish on the wheels, and it'll probably look 10x better... Which sucks... Cuz now I need to do the other 3 the same way!

Doin' it low rider status... for almost 6 hours while I polished!

IMG00106-20090721-1408.jpg

Polishing makes me happy! Thumbs up with a sad face?

IMG00111-20090721-1418.jpg

Needs moar shiney!

IMG00110-20090721-1412.jpg

Greatest shit ever... Use it on everything! Smear it on ur sammichez!

IMG00109-20090721-1409.jpg

Wheel two.... START!

IMG00108-20090721-1409.jpg

IMG00107-20090721-1409.jpg

I went over that wheel about 2-3 more times to get it polished right... I masked things off and painted my ass off. I need to wash them before they really shine, but they're an improvement!

IMG00114-20090721-1920.jpg

IMG00113-20090721-1920.jpg

I went through the one it came with, and I'm on my second out of the "two replacement ball" pack. I do a lot of polishing, though, between grills, emblems, oil coolers, window trim, window visors, handles, etc.... because everything on my car is shiny!

I really like it, but I'm sure you'd have just as much success with a bench grinder or a buffing wheel attachment on a drill. It's just nice to be able to use the ball in some tighter spots. Especially the "spinning grip" it has, that you can use to steady it while you're polishing.

gotcha i was thinking about it but for the same money i can get a tradtional wheel and since my slot mags have no real tight spots im thinking thats the way to go and i agree that aluminum and mag polish is the shit

So I FINALLY got around to installing the rear extended wheel studs! I'm glad I didn't get ones that were LONGER, because then I'd either have to remove the wheel bearing to install them, or drill a big hole into the backing plate to slot them through! Pain in the ass!!

Thanks again, Chris (NorCalDime), for showing up to lend a hand! Trying to get the studs threaded through would have been a NIGHTMARE without you! This whole ordeal would have been easier if I had DISK BRAKES in the rear! That's definitely on my list of "to do's" in the near-ish future....

It was like a zillion degrees outside, so even after 20 minutes, the spray paint hadn't dried, so meh... I have a palm print on my drums.. screw it, I don't care. Can't see them anyway!

Here's a few pictures... Extended wheel studs, red drums and Project Mu floating lug nuts!

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

I'll wash the car, do some little things with it and take some good-er picture tomorrow. I'm beat from working in the heat!

SHIT!!

I totally almost forgot!

Pretty soon, the FBI shop AMC Gremlin will be finished, so it comes off the lift... which means my car can go up on the lift, and we can take a look at designing a set of Caltrac style traction bars!!

This would be awesome for a few reasons... FBI sells suspension components for modified trucks/cars, so panhards and 4 links are common ground... which means they have bars, heims, rod ends, and the capability to design a simple, straight forward little kits that could be reproduced pretty easilly by myself... Roadsters and wagons have the same axle (albeit shorter width), as well as similar springs, so the difference between the traction bars would be minimal between the two cars...

If anybody else is interested, let me know and I'll keep you updated on progress! I'll just be stoked/excited when I can install a Panhard bar and some track bars... then I can reinstall the welded diff and swing donuts like a REAL man!

I think the only problem I was running into (and WILL run into) with breaking parts was the extra stress that the axle wrap was causing on the axle shafts... If I wasn't using lowering blocks, there should have been less stress and no broken shafts... I'm stooooked!

Yay me! I followed through and got some more stuff done today...

I installed a steering box brace

IMG_1538.jpg

I installed the front lug nuts

IMG_1539.jpg

And I installed new battery termal ends

IMG_1537.jpg

I even washed my car and two others... I'm pooped.

Nap time.

thanks for the link. I was supposed to go to ground control as they were able to add a panhard bar for me. just have to drive up there. you should talk to them as they are close to you. I know they have done it to a wagon before as some of their ex workers had a wagon and they did a lot of stuff to it.

Seans just an FBI whore thats all.

speaking of which...how much room do u have on the back of your diff? Enough to do a watts link? now THAT would be badass. Dispursed stress on the body along with a lil cool factor...tho itd probly take a lift or a layin down to ever see it.

thanks for the link. I was supposed to go to ground control as they were able to add a panhard bar for me. just have to drive up there. you should talk to them as they are close to you. I know they have done it to a wagon before as some of their ex workers had a wagon and they did a lot of stuff to it.

Panhards aren't hard to do, so long as you understand the concept. Just a matter of finding the right spot/length!

Seans just an FBI whore thats all.

speaking of which...how much room do u have on the back of your diff? Enough to do a watts link? now THAT would be badass. Dispursed stress on the body along with a lil cool factor...tho itd probly take a lift or a layin down to ever see it.

I am.. Worked there, and I have friends/family that work there too.

As for space, not a lot... Not enough for a watts link, though it WOULD be trick...

I work at FBI, but I also run lots of FBI parts... does that make me the whore, the pimp, or the John?! Maybe a little bit of all 3!

A Watts link would be awesome, especially with the "Hella Flush" fitment Sean plans to run. I don't know if there's enough travel in the Goon's suspension to cause problems with the panhard bar, but we'll see soon enough!

Sean drove me to a local discotheque a couple of weeks ago to put the FBI Challenger on display (a friend of ours has a clothing line that he was introducing that night...).

While the photographer was snapping shots of the other cars on display, I asked one of the gals show the Goon some love:

goon01.jpg

goon02.jpg

A little blurry, but it's still Sean's car- with a GIRL!! :eek:

haha nice. I always see that dude with the GS with the Neked Vinyl on it at costco.

Kirpal is super cool- I've known him for about 10 years, and his clothing line is finally gaining some momentum! We should let him know about the BBQ meet coming up and see if he wants to set up a booth?

Sean drove me to a local discotheque a couple of weeks ago to put the FBI Challenger on display (a friend of ours has a clothing line that he was introducing that night...).

While the photographer was snapping shots of the other cars on display, I asked one of the gals show the Goon some love:

goon01.jpg

goon02.jpg

A little blurry, but it's still Sean's car- with a GIRL!! :eek:

can i borrow her for an hour or 2 the 610 needs some shots like that