Project PO(previous owner)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i started the process today. no more junk food, fatty shit, just crap food in general. im gonna try and get my sleeping schedule back in order too. and start workin out in the mornings.

right now im 6ft 3in and 275lbs. i would like to get down to at least 250 by my birthday in july. i think 25lbs in like 5 months sounds do-able. my girlfriend also is trying to loose some weight, so we went shopping and got healthy foods. lots of fruits and veggies. and lots of wheat products and protein too.

so i think this will go pretty well. you have to want to loose weight. i want to. the pain in my knees and back has gotten old. so ill keep tabs on here along with the rest of you all!

• 1 month later...

Good for you Phleb. If drinking is your thing I read a few articles about how grapefruit facilitates fat usage. One study said people who just added one 8oz glass of white grape fruit juice to each meal lost up to 1lb a week for 3 months. That's with a normal diet not low fat or low carb etc.

Idk about anyone else but that's damn impressive to me. 12lbs in 3 months without a exercise routine or crazy diet is something I'd expect to hear in an infomercial not nature.

• 3 months later...

Well....I'm "big" enough to admit my failures :)

The morning of Canby, I was almost exactly the same weight! I was actually a good 6lbs heavier, but the long days and heavy lifting the last several days before Canby made me drop it.

Oh well. Maybe next Canby?? Lisa didn't bring her shorts anyway so I guess it all worked out :)

I was just thinking of you this morning when I weight myself, I lost 6 lbs also in the last couple of month..

are you watching your "carb" intake, that what counts if you want to lose wieght, let me know if you need more info on getting your weight down more.

Edited by 420n620
  • 1 year later...

A lot of people that went to Canby already know about this.....but I thought I'd update this thread for everyone else :)

I turned 46 last Dec. I sat back and took a look at my life. The reality was that at 100lbs over weight, there's no way I was going to live to 110....I'd be lucky to make 90. So, basically, I'd just entered the second half of my life. Looking back, life was fine. I'd pretty much coasted most of the way. There had been a couple of times I'd come close to great, it just never quite stuck. Like the 4 month contract doing something I loved to do(modify equipment) and getting paid $11,000 a month to do it!!! Now that was pretty dang great!! Anyway.....it didn't last! But it did give me a taste. :) I came to the realization that I was tired of fine! I want the second half to be great!!!! In order for that to happen, I needed to actually put some effort into it. So, the easiest thing to start with was the weight. I started Jan 1st making low glycemic choices and eating portions that were only big enough to feed the 150lb body I really wanted. By Canby, I had lost about 65lbs!! :)

100_3333.jpg

About 3 or 4 months into the "weight reduction", I decided that I needed to go on a "hate reduction" as well. I started working on "ME"!! For the second half to be great, I needed to be the best ME and that wasn't going to happen if I was constantly pissed off about everything!!! Long story short....I'm the happiest I've been since I can't remember when!!! Most people say they didn't realize I was so pissed off or unhappy.....that's probably because I really enjoy the "datsun" part of my life...so most of the people on here wouldn't have seen that. Anyway....those closest to me know what I'm talking about. I realize it's kinda sappy putting this all out there, but I'm about sharing the projects and this has been my best one yet!! :)

• Like 1

So, mike are you still working on this? Is there a goal for the next Canby? I want to congratulate you on the 65 you lost! Looks great man! I feel kinda bad. As I was reading this thread about half way though, I realized I was eating a large Big Mac meal... I have to eat healthy when I get back to the states (girlfriend), so this is the time I get to be bad. I dont want to lose weight but I want to get more fit, work on my endourance, and be more toned. I lucked out with the metabolism.