Anyone ever buy from @datsunpartsforsale1974 ?

Yesterday on Instagram I got a follow from someone named datsunpartsforsale1974, so I checked out his page and wow, some cool stuff for sale. After some back and forth introductions, which were all very polite I might add I asked about a part he had for sale. Having never heard of them, I asked to see a pic of the part in his hand and that's when things got ugly.

I'm sure most of you here have dealth with scammers before, or at least dealt with people who aren't entirely legit, so you know what happens when you question their authenticity. Immediately defensive.

I'll quote - "If your are not willing and ready to work and make deals according to our ways in which we got the best then feel free to try another person tho. And when you try another person and get rip off your bread don't come complaining to us."

His name is Derek Fenton and here's his instagram -

image.png.4ceaab77c7549cca05478b5ee16a123f.png

Really I just want the parts, but some of them, seemed to good to be true. Anyone here ever heard of him or done business with him?

• Like 3
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't care for people much so I don't go out looking for interactions. The last 35 years my job was outside and I didn't have to deal much with the public. However I will say there are some surprisingly 'interesting' people on Ratsun.

Thanks, I needed a laugh.

2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I'll quote - "If your are not willing and ready to work and make deals according to our ways in which we got the best then feel free to try another person tho. And when you try another person and get rip off your bread don't come complaining to us."

His name is Derek Fenton...

Grammar, sentence structure, speelling are important. Clear communication is paramount. Only two sentences but both are extremely awkward. Three missing comas would also help and repeating grade five.

'you're' instead of 'your'

'in what we have' instead of 'in which we got'

'though' rather than 'tho'

Who the fuck starts a sentence with the word... and???????

'and get your bread ripped off' rather than 'and get rip off your bread' (who still says 'bread' for money these days that is under 50?

• Like 3

@datzenmike - I try not to bash someone on their spelling, but I do feel spelling, grammar and punctuation are important. Call me a pedant if you want, but language is important to me.

The second thing he did wrong was get defensive. I mean, if that's not a clear sign that he's trouble, I don't know what is.

Over the winter I called on a craigslist ad for OEM Dodge Ram take-off wheels and tires, for my truck, so I could use smaller tires while towing. The guy wanted an instant sale and got pissed when I asked him if the price was firm. This is like every ad I ever read that states a bunch of defensive bullshit about "won't reply to XXX", "no lowballers", etc. I mean, isn't it ok to haggle a bit? Since when does someone expect that because they are selling something, they have the power? Never been the case. Buyers always set the market. Even if that isn't true, there's still decorum and decency.

But, this probably isn't the case with this dude. I don't know what his angle is, but even if he is in the business, he's not doing it right.

@banzai510(hainz) - ja, sie sind ficked.

Is that correct? My German has long been shelved.

• Haha 2

Yesterday on Instagram I got a follow from someone named datsunpartsforsale1974, so I checked out his page and wow, some cool stuff for sale. After some back and forth introductions, which were all very polite I might add I asked about a part he had for sale. Having never heard of them, I asked to see a pic of the part in his hand and that's when things got ugly.

I'm sure most of you here have dealth with scammers before, or at least dealt with people who aren't entirely legit, so you know what happens when you question their authenticity. Immediately defensive.

His name is Derek Fenton and here's his instagram -

image.png.4ceaab77c7549cca05478b5ee16a123f.png

Really I just want the parts, but some of them, seemed to good to be true. Anyone here ever heard of him or done business with him?

I've sold on ebay off and on for years now. I've sold 2,400 items and have only had 1 negative feedback in all those sales (which was removed by ebay cause it was bs). All this to say, you do what you can to answer concerns/questions politely and in a timely manner. If you've sold/purchased enough online you know there's a lot of scammers out there and understand some people need assurance that you're not one of them.

I would walk away from this guy. Even if he isn't a scammer you're gonna have a hell of a time with him if something doesn't go as planned with the transaction. These kinds of people sometimes ghost you after you paid and the item is shipped. Honestly I personally would walk away just for the fact that this guys' a dick period.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

maybe it was a response after one to many beers mike kay used to have this problem and apologize the following day.

either way to late for fixing stupid 

what is wrong with people these days 

• Like 3
On 6/25/2024 at 2:50 PM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

That's where I'm at. I don't give my business to assholes.

Someone else contacted me this morning saying they apologize for the other guy's response, and they'd love to help me, but too little, too late.

I wonder how they would know this?

a/ It was the same guy fixing fences.

b/ He told someone there and they took it upon themselves to fix fences.

c/ Someone there reads Ratsun General Discussion and is trying to fix fences.

• Like 5

The response from this seller sounds like a DICK! Remembered they tried following me and I just removed them. They're a scammer account. If you look at their account they started in 2023 and based out of Cameroon. What's lame is I know someone who follows them. I wouldn't waste my time or even want any affiliation with clowns like this. Making me question that person that follows them.  Should report them to have their account removed. All I see now is a bunch of people trying to jump on the vintage car market and try to promote community but only seek to gouge people on prices for parts or boost their page or content and then there are the scammers trying to get somebody.

Edited by benzo
  • Like 1

Worse is those "i can make your car a cartoon" guys.. They follow you then if you don't respond to their solicitation,, they unfollow you and follow you again so you will notice,, haha 

There is quite a few legit out of country Datsun part sellers on istagram  though,  like the wheel guy, the interior guy and i think green parts guy is overseas too... Names withheld,  to not mix in with the scammers mentioned here. 

• Like 2

Just for history though i allow anyone to follow me ,, cuz fuck it ,, that 3 pictures of your giant tits makes my follow number a tiny bit higher. 

olytowndatsuns 

show me your tits!!

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 2
If you look at their account they started in 2023 and based out of Cameroon

I'm not paying for shipping from Cameroon,.... or from "Scameroon"

Now that I have said it,................ it's policy.

LOL

MM

• Like 2

I just went to the first few posts and saw a 123Ignition for sale dated April 16th, 2023. On the realm there is a user with only 4 posts (thequanandonly) that has the exact same picture posted for sale. This post says they are in Sacramento. The ad description is exactly the same too. So I am guessing they are the same person.

https://the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=35101

https://the510realm.com/search.php?author_id=68598&sr=posts

Screenshot_20240627_123631_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240627_123645_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1

The name under the page name is Derek Fenton. Anybody ever heard of him?

Do a google search for Derek Fenton, maybe add shop. The results show a guy, of caucasian persuasion. He seems to be really into Datsuns. I wonder if he got jacked or what.

It's rampant on IG and facebook.  Scammers everywhere.  Tons of red flags, though.

-Different backdrop/landscape/location for the majority of parts/cars "for sale"

-No proof of actual possession

-Asking for unsecured payment methods

-No history of long term sales

-Friends are all bogus accounts, lots of circle jerks...I mean circular associations

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...