My 72 327

72 327

Well its a 72 620 with a 67' Covette 327 rated at 350hp with fuelie heads, and a turbo 350 tranny. The truck maybe a 73 but its reg'd as a 72. It has a 10 gallon fuel cell and gets about 10mpg but I guess the fun of this truck is it passes everything but the gas station. I aquired this truck and a mint 91' 300zx TT from a friends passing. I thought I would show you guys a few pics of the truck. Question or comments welcome and if ya want more pics just let me know. The truck is red but some of the pics it looks orange damn digital cameras.

http://datsun327620.shutterfly.com/

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks about your friend with good taste.... 300z and a 620, wow to great rigs. That truck has some awsome fab work! Are planning on taking it to bluelake? I would love to see it in person :)

Fuelie Head Casting Number:

3973414 1964-70 327 - 350 LT1-370hp, Camel hump, 64cc

M-m-m-m-m-m Camels humping :D

The great job done on this truck earns an exception to my rule of generally, disliking V8 conversions. That and the use of the venerable 327 for the motor. 'Build it right and build it tight'

Thanks guys on the comments I really love this truck I dont think Ill ever get rid of it since it was one of his babys. Just storing it maybe an issue. I now have a total of 5 cars lol, 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, 1965 vette (under restoration), 90 Honda Civic turbo'd D16z6 with OBD1 conversion, 1991 300zx TT, and the 1972 Datsun.

2eDeYe;11649']

Any pics of underneath?

Im taking it to one of my buddys shops this week Ill get some pics of the underside of it and post them.

That sucks about your friend with good taste.... 300z and a 620' date=' wow to great rigs. That truck has some awsome fab work! Are planning on taking it to bluelake? I would love to see it in person :)[/quote']

Bluelake where, when? The fab work on the truck is nice and simple very clean looking indeed.

e8cc34b7.jpg

MMMMMM yes double humping Ah and your right 350 horsepower L79

Fuelie Head Casting Number:

3973414 1964-70 327 - 350 LT1-370hp, Camel hump, 64cc

M-m-m-m-m-m Camels humping :D

The great job done on this truck earns an exception to my rule of generally, disliking V8 conversions. That and the use of the venerable 327 for the motor. 'Build it right and build it tight'

Welcome to Ratsun. What an awesome truck too! Sorry about your friend. I remember seeing this truck for sale awhile back & were glad it went to a good home :) I saved the site that had to 4 sale pics..here ya go...

http://home.comcast.net/~j.t.m/datsun620/new/datsun620_005.html

Welcome to Ratsun. What an awesome truck too! Sorry about your friend. I remember seeing this truck for sale awhile back & were glad it went to a good home :) I saved the site that had to 4 sale pics..here ya go...

http://home.comcast.net/~j.t.m/datsun620/new/datsun620_005.html

Yep thats James' house. The JTM = James Thomas Moore. He got a few offers and the highest price he was offered was $5000, but the guy was going to drag race it and turn it into a trailer queen and James decided to keep it.

OK as everyone else has said..sorry bout your friend...Now then being the OLD fart I am I have seen (and not cared for) many many V-8 conversions in 620 pickups...without a doubt this one is one of the nicest I have ever seen. so clean and so well thought out...and as Datzenmike said the use of the 327 is almost poetic..mmmmmcamel humps are the best....The only thing I have a problem with (maybe more than one thing..) is: the dash..I would have tried to keep that as stock looking as possible.....I also wonder about the brakes.....have they been upgraded to healthy discs..or still drums?..at this point I must say I really do like the truck and the fact that it "looks" so darn stock...good build up there..of course good luck with it.

The dash is growing on me I didnt like it at first but I think Im getting used to it. As far as the brakes there stock drums. I cant stand them. I will be getting both front and rear mounting plates for the disc converstion next Friday when I get paid. The only thing I really dont like is there is no heater or air controls. It basiclly is HOT all the time I need to put up some Dynamat in the doors and floor boards for sound, and seal up the holes to keep the heat from coming in. But she is fast too fast really. Its been a non-stop asking on the streets what do you have in there. I got pulled over by a cop cause he wanted to see what I had under the hood. No ticket just lots of wow thats crazy. Im sure it will give me many years of fun.