fuse box (521)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• datzenmike changed the title to fuse box (521)

Striped wire? Good luck!

There are only a couple companies that sell multi colored wire, and almost none of it is for Japanese vehicles (color combos are different).

Cross link or primary wire are what you would buy for generic wiring repairs/mods. Waytek Wire, Del City, even Summit Racing sell a good selection of those. I buy wire from Del City.

From the looks of it, you could just pull back the sleeve and clean it up. May need to tighten the connection by using pliers while the sleeve is pulled back. If it’s really bad then change it because the wire does not look burnt at all.

• Like 1

Again, metal etch will clean up the terminals. Problem is, you can't spray the metal etch into the engine bay, because it will get everywhere else too. You could soak the terminal in a small cup full of etch, for a couple minutes, then clean it off with water.

Etch will dissolve any green corrosion, and some degree of greasy grime.

• Like 1

Terminology is huge. When I was a young engine builder, I made friends with our grumpy old aircraft hardware supplier just so I could learn all the proper terms.  He hated when I came by his shop, but I credit him for teaching me.

Decades later, it still amazes me how searching the web for a part, you have to know what the part's industry name is if you want to find it online. Wiring terms are even more difficult, because they rely on trade names (like Delco, Aptiv. Molex, etc).

• Like 1

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Klein-Tools-Ratcheting-Crimper-10-22-AWG-Insulated-Terminals/5014305431

I bought this 4-5 years ago.  I had to redo the wiring going into a first gen crv door connector.  It put a quality crimp on all the wires and they stayed together till the dude totaled the thing a couple years later.

Even my dad likes it.  He hates but connectors like most folks do but he even admits it makes him hate them less as it does a good job at really mashing them together.

Someone might have a more appropriate tool to suggest for the automotive uses.

Also bought a quality set of wire strippers.  I think they are Klein as well.  So much better than those shitty cheap flat kind.

As always, quality tool really makes the job easier and better looking.

• Like 1

You could try using a hacksaw and  to make a notch in the head of the screw so you can use a flat blade screwdriver. Also wire brush the threads on the bottom and then use some penetrating oil. 

• Like 1