California looking at restricting the use of older cars, drive them while you still can!

pdp8

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 2005 or so (when I started paying attention) every few years there is some sensational claim that some 'restriction' is going to impact classic car usage. aaaaaaaaaand it never gets off the ground. Just suggesting it makes those in power look good (so they think) for voters (who probably really don't give a fuck) but it's basically just wishful thinking.

• Like 1

datzenmike if you lived in California you'd know its not if, it's when it will happen.

Lawnmowers, leaf blowers are smog regulated now and sales of new units must be zero emission in 2024.

Big rigs have to be re engined to 2014 and newer, my 1999 Ford f250 was exempt from bi-annual smog checks for 10 years then everything newer than 1998 was added in 2010. Just because its smog exempt now doesn't mean it will stay that way.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

There's many a slip between the cup and the lip.

It'll never pass. Washington doesn't have enough Californian refugees yet.

With what's gone on in Washington in recent years there's no need for California refugees.They might be worse off than us down here in Cali.

• Like 2
On 9/27/2023 at 8:26 AM, pdp8 said:

https://theautowire.com/articles/report-california-looking-to-restrict-travel-for-classic-cars/

I'd be game for a personal emissions limit.  That way I can keep driving my 40MPG Datsun and the 1% cut back on their commuting by private jet.

I just read that.WTF is a zero emission zone ? Do those idiots really think the wind doesn't blow and what comes out of a tailpipe stays right where it was emitted from ? Just more stupidity from the liberal nuts in my state.

• Like 1

Never going to happen, or at least the final product will be well watered down. This is the same as restricting the down town core to pedestrians and bikes. Proprietors sell more if you are walking around and not in your car. Everyone goes along because it appears to be 'green' and everyone else is 'doing it' it's 'trendy' and socially expected. It's BS just like recycling and picking up dog shit. 

• Like 2