Wheel Fitment 1971 521 Datsun Truck 6 lug

robrizzo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything I'd think they'll poke. 8" wide with 3.5" backspacing would be a -25 offset I believe. That's if you take backspacing off the lip and the lips account for about 1" more than the specified wheel width as typical.

An 8" rim being 9" lip to lip with a 3.5" backspace is 1" negative off center, or -25 offset.

18 minutes ago, robrizzo said:

does anyone know if the rim will work? 

Sorry we don't have every offset, width, and diameter combination that works scoured to memory to serve you, sir. Get out there with a straight edge, tape measure, and combo square to figure it out for yourself ffs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8" rim with 3.5" backspace is -25 offset. They'll stick out of the fenders. Will they "work"? Yeah. If your truck is lowered, the tires will smash the fenders.

Fuckin christ. Do some math or something.

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4emwrl0.jpg

I got these rims and tires off a 280z so I could drive to the body shop. Yours may end up worse than this. Even with this much height clearance they hit the wheel arch on a bump. Get the correct offset. Takes a little thought but you can do it. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, wayno said:

I have found that most domestic 6 lug rims stick out too far on a Datsun unless aftermarket made for a Datsun, but I have seen Datsuns where the owner went for that look.

Are not all 6 lug patterns the same except for on dually applications?

No, there are 6x135mm, 6x4.5" (114.3mm), and 6x5.5 (139.7mm)

• Like 1

Good Morning, I am sorry I asked.   I did put all the info I have on the wheels. I was wondering if anyone knew so I could figure to buy wheels or not.  

8" rim with 3.5" backspace  15 inch with    6 lug.    

Honestly if I had the wheel I would not be asking. If I had my truck with me I would not be asking.   

Sad thing I thought we were all here for the LOVE OF CARS. to help one another. 

I see some reactions to comments   Laughing  and off putting comments.  

Some are respectful and helpful     Bur remember you were not born being knowledgeable to everything

God Bless  

• Like 1

The 521/620 720 and D21 Hardbody WD21 Pathfinder and probably Xterra all use the same 6 lug pattern. Toyota/Mazda/Isuzu  6 lug also fit as does GM and Ford.

I sent you a private message with a calculator tool for comparing what you have now with what might work. There is no easy answer for this, you have to make some measurements and plug the numbers in. Generally stock rims are probably zero offset but this can be confirmed with a tape measure.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The 521/620 720 and D21 Hardbody WD21 Pathfinder and probably Xterra all use the same 6 lug pattern. Toyota/Mazda/Isuzu  6 lug also fit as does GM and Ford.

I sent you a private message with a calculator tool for comparing what you have now with what might work. There is no easy answer for this, you have to make some measurements and plug the numbers in. Generally stock rims are probably zero offset but this can be confirmed with a tape measure.

Thank You exactly what I was hoping for   thank You so much  

7 hours ago, robrizzo said:

so these  fit 1971   521? 

No, Nissan wheels from 2005  and on use 6x4.5" lugs, with the exception of the Armada/Titan wheels, which are still 6x5.5"

We really don't know enough about your truck to make a solid determination here. Is it lowered? Is it on stock tire size? Bottom line is that -25 offset 8" wide wheels will stick out past the fenders regardless of anything else. As DP said, an 8" wheel with about -12 to -15 offset is about as far as you can go and have the wheels be flush with the fenders.

Are there certain wheels that you're particularly interested in? There are good sites to find used period-correct wheels from Japan where you can input your specs to see what exists. I've gotten wheels from Croooober before, or there are others...

Edited by mainer311
22 hours ago, wayno said:

I have found that most domestic 6 lug rims stick out too far on a Datsun unless aftermarket made for a Datsun, but I have seen Datsuns where the owner went for that look.

Are not all 6 lug patterns the same except for on dually applications?

Frontier/Xterra wheels from 1998 to 2004 should fit no problem. Generally they were all 7" wide with little offset.

Edited by mainer311
12 hours ago, robrizzo said:

so these  fit 1971   521? 

No. The ‘05 and newer Frontier/pathfinder/xterra rims have a different 6 bolt compared to the older models. As far as I know the Titan wheels from the ‘05 and newer era are the same six bolt as the older Nissan trucks so they’ll fit a 521. 
-Pidge

• 1 month later...

I found a set of wheels I like   Aluminum ols school slotted wheels  

Thank You everyone. Now off to getting another trans. Last one I bought will not go into reverse  GRRRR 

I found a 280z trans 5 speed with .864 overdrive    I only want a gas sipper    Advise. Please 

• Like 1