What insurance companies do you all use?

bigboy620

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Geico, liability only.  Tried to put my truck on Hagerty but I was honest about using it as a truck occasionally and they declined my business.

Alright. Gonna have to save some money with Geico aha. Hagerty is a great price but can only drive it less than 700-1000 miles a year?

22 minutes ago, bigboy620 said:

Alright. Gonna have to save some money with Geico aha. Hagerty is a great price but can only drive it less than 700-1000 miles a year?

I don't recall specifics, but they didn't want me using it to haul anything 🤷‍♂️. This was a few years ago when I was annoyed with my Geico rates going up, so I was shopping around. Didn't find anything else cheaper at the time, but everyone's situation may be different.

• Like 1

I have all 3 vehicles with AAA including the 620. They dont really do agreed value so when I pressed the question about if the truck was stolen or totaled what was the value that would be paid...they basically said they would look up recent sales and use that as a basis. 

I was not happy with that so I took it off AAA and got an agreed value with Hagerty just for the 620.

9 months later I got a letter from AAA saying that they were going to cancel my Auto and Home policies because I had a vehicle (the 620) that was not covered by them. Apparently it is all or nothing with AAA. So I added it back to the AAA policy and figure if something happens im going to have to argue the value...

4 hours ago, FrankRizzo said:

I have all 3 vehicles with AAA including the 620. They dont really do agreed value so when I pressed the question about if the truck was stolen or totaled what was the value that would be paid...they basically said they would look up recent sales and use that as a basis. 

I was not happy with that so I took it off AAA and got an agreed value with Hagerty just for the 620.

9 months later I got a letter from AAA saying that they were going to cancel my Auto and Home policies because I had a vehicle (the 620) that was not covered by them. Apparently it is all or nothing with AAA. So I added it back to the AAA policy and figure if something happens im going to have to argue the value...

Sounds like good reason to drop AAA.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, thisismatt said:

My truck isn't worth a whole lot, but you may want to look for an agreed upon value policy if you're getting full coverage 

To get a good value policy. I would have to get the truck appraised as a classic.

14 hours ago, FrankRizzo said:

Insurance is all about taking our money one way or the other.

On 3/27/2023 at 5:13 AM, bigboy620 said:

Hagerty won't ever find out.

I use Hagerty and Grundy both, but they insist that the vehicle must be kept indoors. If a tree falls on it in a storm, you'd have lots of splainin to do.

• Like 1

I don't know what happened to AAA but in the late 90s their rates/coverage started getting pretty wonky. My wife drove a Honda Accord and I had a Goldwing motorcycle (no coverage) and a '72 VW Westfalia camper van (all with covered parking). Granted, we lived in SF so we paid more. Neither of us had points on our record, but it seemed like once a year we were getting a letter saying we could either pay a higher rate, or our coverage would change. Shit kept ratcheting up so I started looking around and Farmers was much cheeper. I brought this information to my AAA agent's attention and that asshole lowered our rate on the spot with a sheepish look on his face. Needless to say, we moved to Farmers. 

• Like 1

Hagerty and Grundy will give you a $30k-$40k agreed value with almost no hassle. Above that and they may want an appraisal.

My insurance agent friend told me that if I ever get into a fender bender or anything like that, I need to remember to tell the insurer that I was on my way to a club meeting, or a cars and coffee, or a show.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 9:39 AM, FrankRizzo said:

That sounds a bit like extortion to me.  What's the legal basis for this?  When I had a company lease vehicle with company insurance, I had vehicles on different policies.  Allstate never complained.

• Like 1
On 4/17/2023 at 9:04 AM, iceman510 said:

That sounds a bit like extortion to me.  What's the legal basis for this?  When I had a company lease vehicle with company insurance, I had vehicles on different policies.  Allstate never complained.

I dont really know. My friggin EQ insurance is not with them, but that did not seem to matter.