Detroit Locker

JumboFett

55 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Take the tag off and keep it, or at least record the numbers and names. They may be useful in searching for more.

I’ll need to see tomorrow if it’s not too late! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard that a LSD is more llkely to throw you into a slide on snow or ice than an Open-Dif.

How would I know....I'm from AZ, even though I have 23 CO winters under my belt.  I don't think that I've ever driven one on frozen water before though.

Yes you have to be aware of them in poor traction conditions especially on corners and cross fall roads. Once 'lose' it's harder to recover than an open differential. When I lived on the right coast I would seek out any large parking lot after a snowfall and do donuts and figure eights. It's deceptively easy to pass that point of no return in a skid. 

Many people put bags of sand in the back. Just like an LSD that's great on the level going straight and wanting more traction but on over steer, the back wants to 'come around' even more and when stopping in a slide there's the extra weight pushing you forward.

• Like 1
On 1/24/2023 at 11:07 AM, Crashtd420 said:

Well they wouldn't say if the Detroit locker with work in anything beyond the listing.... 72-73 620....

What they did say is one sold this morning and there is only one left after that... trying to see if they will be discontinued after that or not...

Jumbofett I hope you were the one who ordered, if not you might wanna jump on that last one...

Thanks bro! I am indeed one of those who ordered it. 😎 Still not sure if it’ll fit, but it’s better to have it then to wish I had it. 

700D04E2-A99B-4B40-8B48-F4110AF7A842.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...