Detroit Locker

JumboFett

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40mm journal I bet is the inside measurement of large press in bearing on either side of the bolt in case that holds the ring gear. 40210-85000 for the bearing and it was used from Patrol to Xterra on anything using an H-190. It's also used on all R-180.

1.584" not sure, maybe the stubs the bearing presses onto? Seems a bit wide?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Deck height is probably referring to the distance from the ring gear flange to the nearest bearing seating surface.

Probably.

The guy at DTS explained deck height as the apparent height of _?_?_ (something I can’t remember) as it sits if the carrier was resting on a table. 

• Like 2

Well the dimension requirements of the Detroit locker match my earlier 521 differential... I have submitted the question to DTS this morning to confirm it fits more than just the 2 years they state...

The second news sucks, the posi unit I mentioned is no longer available and they literally took it off their website this morning..... I edited the previous post to reflect this.

Edited by Crashtd420
  • Like 1

Well they wouldn't say if the Detroit locker with work in anything beyond the listing.... 72-73 620....

What they did say is one sold this morning and there is only one left after that... trying to see if they will be discontinued after that or not...

Jumbofett I hope you were the one who ordered, if not you might wanna jump on that last one...

• Like 2

Well my information makes a definite distinction between 620 H-190s before Sept 73 and those after, Oct being the beginning of the '74 model year. 

The external carrier case, the interior case that holds the crown gear, the 4.375 gear sets and the pinion bearings are different between these years. But the two large bearings are the same, the pinion shaft is the same, side gears are the same. Don't know what to say. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

As a follow up they have 1 Detroit locker left and once gone they are gone... he said it's been on the shelf since 1990....

is this the one that fits the early H-190 ('72 521)? 

24 minutes ago, Socalman said:

is this the one that fits the early H-190 ('72 521)? 

I wish I could say yes with some certainty... at this point its 50/50..

They say it's only for a 72-73 620, as I said before they would not confirm anything beyond that and I dont wanna waste anyone's money by saying yes.. .

Mike says there are some part number differences between the years so it's up to you to be certain before purchasing....

You would have to find out how its assembled and what is needed from the open differential to be correct...

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

I wish I could say yes with some certainty... at this point its 50/50..

They say it's only for a 72-73 620, as I said before they would not confirm anything beyond that and I dont wanna waste anyone's money by saying yes.. .

Mike says there are some part number differences between the years so it's up to you to be certain before purchasing....

You would have to find out how its assembled and what is needed from the open differential to be correct...

Gotcha, I guess Ill find out! lol

• 2 weeks later...