• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2023 at 8:37 AM, WAGON JON said:

So the Nissan tranny is a no go? Too much hassle/mock-up spline complications? ZX tranny any different? 

We are running one.  Just had to buy an adapter kit.  Making our own wouldn't save any money.  Since it requires a custom flywheel.  

Updates on the K24 swap.  We brought the goodie K24 over to my place so we can start putting all the figured out goodies on it.  Get it ready to test fire.  Of coarse the best rig ever hauled it.  

hXc9uyy.jpeg

Look how clean the inside is!!!  Outside looks like it's been in the ocean haha.  I mean I guess it makes sense.  All the cars they came in were automatic nerd cars.  Not drift cars like the SR was in.  

eKwiRKj.jpeg

j0Pnlid.jpeg

Carter pulling it apart.  

FF7uoWF.jpeg

All dressed up with the trans adapter and factory idler to delete the power steering pump.  

o5VvmWf.jpeg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 8:05 PM, Draker said:

Man this is so tempting! Maybe I missed it, Which k24 do you opt for? I know there are a few versions. I know nothing about them other than the one in my daily TSX is pretty solid.

JDM K24A2 which is basically the TSX K24 from what I understand.  

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I'm hoping that this project isn't dead. I've been researching this swap for a 4-door rally replica build. I have a TSX donor, but might look for something that already comes oriented for RWD. The cost of K24 conversion parts seems to add up pretty quickly.

Other 4cyl RWD: Miata, SLK/C230, Z3&4/3-series, various compact trucks/SUVs.

We have been documenting our efforts on the race car thread. This one might be a way to summarize our efforts in the future.  Skip to the end if you want Honda motor content.

• Like 1