JCCS 2021

MikeRL411

12 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Its just my opinion, there was other cars with way more creativity like the TSR cars that got nothing. and who got second. Koji them have been this way since I started going. I think its the last show for me, never say never but so far im good, They refuse to learn and correct from past shows to make it better.All about the green backs and the movie star status. To much commercial for me. No thin skin by the way just trying to live in a world were you can voice your opinion that's all. no hate, The Brock car was nice no doubt but not first place to me. 

Sounds like something I would say 😉

• Like 2
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Sounds like something I would say 😉

Matt to me yes stock is beautiful but easy to do in my mind as no imagination needed. Just duplicating what was done from factory, however with a custom build it takes creativity, some good some bad. I build for me not for everyone else, it’s nice when people like it but there’s always some one that don’t like it either. Oh well what happen to America. 

29 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Matt to me yes stock is beautiful but easy to do in my mind as no imagination needed. Just duplicating what was done from factory, however with a custom build it takes creativity, some good some bad. I build for me not for everyone else, it’s nice when people like it but there’s always some one that don’t like it either. Oh well what happen to America. 

Ha, I meant the feelings towards JCCS.  I think it just got too big, but fml what do I know

Interesting calling the Brock Buster "stock"!? It was THE ORIGINAL modified Datsun 510. It was as close as you could get to a Trans Am car yet still be street legal. The fenders, trunk and hood were all fiberglass. It weighs in at a hair over 2000 pounds. The wheels were 13x7. The front control arms had heim joints in them to lower the car and adjust the camber. The rear crossmember was modified by Troutman and Barnes to lower the car and adjust the camber. It had a 125 horsepower L16 with weber carburetors and headers and BRE remote oil filter (retained the L13 head though). The rear seat was removed and carpeted over. It has roll bar built and installed by Bruce Burness of Shelby American fame and the same BRE fiberglass racing seat as the Trans Am cars used. It has a custom BRE gauge cluster with Stewart Warner gauges.

It was the original "custom build" from the man that put the Datsun 510 on the map. 

10 minutes ago, BB510 said:

Interesting calling the Brock Buster "stock"!? It was THE ORIGINAL modified Datsun 510. It was as close as you could get to a Trans Am car yet still be street legal. The fenders, trunk and hood were all fiberglass. It weighs in at a hair over 2000 pounds. The wheels were 13x7. The front control arms had heim joints in them to lower the car and adjust the camber. The rear crossmember was modified by Troutman and Barnes to lower the car and adjust the camber. It had a 125 horsepower L16 with weber carburetors and headers and BRE remote oil filter (retained the L13 head though). The rear seat was removed and carpeted over. It has roll bar built and installed by Bruce Burness of Shelby American fame and the same BRE fiberglass racing seat as the Trans Am cars used. It has a custom BRE gauge cluster with Stewart Warner gauges.

It was the original "custom build" from the man that put the Datsun 510 on the map. 

Didn't mean to imply it was stock, nor take away from the quality of build. I haven't seen that vehicle, but regardless it doesn't pique my interest because I'm more into the "resto-mod" style - old school looks with modern power & accoutrements. And then there's everyone in-between...it's all subjective opinion/taste.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, BB510 said:

Im glad you like it. It was a nice build. I hope your ok it seems that you are very upset over the whole thing. 

I don't know that JCCS posts the criteria they use for judging? I know I have not seen that on their website. I do know the judge I spoke too was aware of the historical significance of the car and impressed by the effort made to restore it as faithfully as possible to its Motor Trend appearance in 1973. The TSR cars you noted appear to be SEMA quality show cars. That may play well at SEMA but maybe not this year at JCCS. The Brock Buster did go to SEMA in 2019 with Peter Brock in the Braille batteries booth. What was outrageous in 1973 was very tame by 2019 SEMA standards! 

Troy Ermish restorations have won Best 510 at JCCS now three years in a row. The "Tanto", the Brock Buster clone and the Brock Buster. Perhaps I am a bit thin skinned after all!

Was there anything like ,, cool,  at this show or just endless rows of 510s as far as you could see ?? Literally countless , reproductions of builds done over and over again to where you can’t tell if it was this 510 owners idea or that 510 owners idea . 

did I say that out loud? 

• Haha 1

for what it worth 

If given a choicecI would have voted for Hangs wagon , I was shown some high resolution glamour type shots of that thing and holy shit that thing pops 

Taking nothing away from the wagon with the 14 headlights and enough do-dads on it like an Indonesian party bus . 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, bananahamuck said:

Was there anything like ,, cool,  at this show or just endless rows of 510s as far as you could see ?? Literally countless , reproductions of builds done over and over again to where you can’t tell if it was this 510 owners idea or that 510 owners idea . 

did I say that out loud? 

I was going to bring my RL411 for a change of scene but I got a few scraiches in my paint and didn"t think it "worthy" of display so left it home.  I should have brought it  !  It would have been the only 411 in the show as usual.

5 hours ago, BB510 said:

I don't know that JCCS posts the criteria they use for judging? I know I have not seen that on their website. I do know the judge I spoke too was aware of the historical significance of the car and impressed by the effort made to restore it as faithfully as possible to its Motor Trend appearance in 1973. The TSR cars you noted appear to be SEMA quality show cars. That may play well at SEMA but maybe not this year at JCCS. The Brock Buster did go to SEMA in 2019 with Peter Brock in the Braille batteries booth. What was outrageous in 1973 was very tame by 2019 SEMA standards! 

Troy Ermish restorations have won Best 510 at JCCS now three years in a row. The "Tanto", the Brock Buster clone and the Brock Buster. Perhaps I am a bit thin skinned after all!

Sounds like are on Troy Ermish's payroll. All good its my opinion, I know its California were that does not matter anymore but no hate just don't agree.

14 hours ago, FrankRizzo said:

I still don't understand the trucks. Why do we compete against all makes instead of individual makes like the rest of of the entry's?

If I had know that (maybe it was posted) I would have had second thoughts.

Not mad, but feel gypped.

I so agree. I would love to put on my own show down here like a Canby show. Camping cook out swap meet, there is even a place by my house called Prado Park that I think I could do, just don't if I have the time to do it. No commercials no Sung Kangs and all that bullshit just a nice big family show.

• Like 3

Prado is a great park and would be a nice place to do a show.  I used to hang out in Chino on occasion in the past.

I agree about becoming too much about celebrities.  Because a guy said "put those brakes on my car" doesn't mean he built it. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

I so agree. I would love to put on my own show down here like a Canby show. Camping cook out swap meet, there is even a place by my house called Prado Park that I think I could do, just don't if I have the time to do it. No commercials no Sung Kangs and all that bullshit just a nice big family show.

do it and they will come 

• Like 2
On 11/24/2021 at 10:04 AM, mrbigtanker said:

That is why Eagle Rock feels more better than buy it and show it stuff...

• Like 2