• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/27/2021 at 5:25 PM, Duncan said:

Wasn't trying to be a dick.  Probably came off that way.  🙂 

I'll be at the show, hope to meet you.  I'll probably be hanging with MrBigTangeray.  If you see him, have him text me and I'll come by...

I will more-than-likely be in a mask.  Makes me look younger...

I was ,,,, but I was trying to be a dick to Mike 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Tedman said:

Bloodlines:

IMG_20211030_130602.jpg

IMG_20211030_130508.jpg

IMG_20211030_130526.jpg

This model is the first Datsun I saw.  It was parked in front of the apartment building that I lived in in the South Bronx New York City.  It was the 1960s and the color was a horrible purple, almost like nail polish.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

That yellow 510 was nice but not first place I’m sorry. The guy with the blue one at the TSR booth is a 100k car and he got nothing. I had allot of fun I got a lot of love but it’s getting to be a commercialized show and koji is just lining his pockets. Hell I gave my award to sully. Lol. 

Which Yellow one? There was about a dozen of them! LOL! 

On 10/31/2021 at 9:28 AM, MikeRL411 said:

Now if only they would enforce the rule against loud and obnoxious "music".  Snare drums and bass drums at ear splitting volume is not music.

The only music I heard was 80's type stuff from the shows P.A. system. And it was not that loud

12 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

One of these cars should of got first place. Period

Meh.  Kind of gaudy to me.  Not saying it's not a lot of money and effort, just not my style.  Makes your wagon look understated 😉😉  I like your engine compartment.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Jesse C. said:

The Brock Buster Clone? 

I think the car with the visible fasteners for the rear flares and natural color Libres is the real one.  The other with the VTO wheels and blended flares is a clone.  

You can see the "Screaming yellow Zonker" rebuild pics on the Ermish site.  https://ermish-racing.com/street-cars

5 hours ago, iceman510 said:

I think the car with the visible fasteners for the rear flares and natural color Libres is the real one.  The other with the VTO wheels and blended flares is a clone.  

You can see the "Screaming yellow Zonker" rebuild pics on the Ermish site.  https://ermish-racing.com/street-cars

You are correct and I am wrong. It was the real one but not First place worthy.

21 hours ago, iceman510 said:

Yes, the Real One is as you described. Lots of folks where confused on which car was which. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, mrbigtanker said:

You are correct and I am wrong. It was the real one but not First place worthy.

@mrbigtanker Not to appear thin skinned, but what did you not like about the one and only Peter Brock Brock Buster 510, meticulously restored by Troy Ermish? Ermish is the master and did a authentic and essentially perfect job on a historically significant Datsun 510. It has all the BRE bits and pieces on it as BRE built it. Correct Libre wheels, correct L16 engine. springs and suspension. Every bit and piece on that car was restored carefully with authenticity and correctness in mind to again be the best 510 (circa 1973) in the world.

Troy's restoration of a Brock Buster clone won Best 510 in 2019 - that was the one with the newer wheels, seats and other bits. Why would you deny the real thing Best 510 at JCCS?

@mrbigtanker Not to appear thin skinned, but what did you not like about the one and only Peter Brock Brock Buster 510, meticulously restored by Troy Ermish? Ermish is the master and did a authentic and essentially perfect job on a historically significant Datsun 510. It has all the BRE bits and pieces on it as BRE built it. Correct Libre wheels, correct L16 engine. springs and suspension. Every bit and piece on that car was restored carefully with authenticity and correctness in mind to again be the best 510 (circa 1973) in the world.

Troy's restoration of a Brock Buster clone won Best 510 in 2019 - that was the one with the newer wheels, seats and other bits. Why would you deny the real thing Best 510 at JCCS?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BB510 said:

I don't think he's a purist.  Not trying to put words in anyone's mouth, but restored/all originals are a bit boring...

• Like 3
2 hours ago, BB510 said:

Its just my opinion, there was other cars with way more creativity like the TSR cars that got nothing. and who got second. Koji them have been this way since I started going. I think its the last show for me, never say never but so far im good, They refuse to learn and correct from past shows to make it better.All about the green backs and the movie star status. To much commercial for me. No thin skin by the way just trying to live in a world were you can voice your opinion that's all. no hate, The Brock car was nice no doubt but not first place to me. 

• Like 1